MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By giacecco Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:23 am
I was composing some simple EDM just as a pastime this morning on my MPC X (2.11.2) when - at some point - I've realized that the volume of the drum program goes up and then down in one of my sequences, at a specific point, for two bars. There's nothing changing in the velocity, and there's no program or track automation to be seen in "list edit".

What do you suggest is the most pragmatic way to solve the problem, whether addressing the original cause, or with a workaround? Thanks!
By mpc_fan_2022 Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:24 am
If there is no visible automation in the list edit and you didn't filtered events in that list, then it's just probably one of the numerous bugs of 2.11, nothing more. Start a new project with the same program in a new sequence and see if the problem is still there.
By Gorgon Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:59 am
giacecco wrote:I was composing some simple EDM just as a pastime this morning on my MPC X (2.11.2) when - at some point - I've realized that the volume of the drum program goes up and then down in one of my sequences, at a specific point, for two bars. There's nothing changing in the velocity, and there's no program or track automation to be seen in "list edit".

What do you suggest is the most pragmatic way to solve the problem, whether addressing the original cause, or with a workaround? Thanks!

My suggestion would be check the actual automation lane, not list edit

Also, is it your whole program level that changes or just individual samples ? you may have accidentally automated at pad level

share a video or send your project if you want this diagnosed, id like to see it actually happening
By giacecco Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:02 pm
I believe I've solved the little mystery.

After playing around with mutes, I realized that the culprit was a kick sample. I first solved the issue by simply programming the kick again - it had a very regular pattern, so not too much effort. But it was later, when I realized, by moving notes around in grid view, that there were a series of duplicate notes "hidden" by their twins.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:30 pm
Yep, that happens. Gotta pay attention to zooming in on GRID EDIT and good ole LIST EDIT.
Studying those 2 screen can catch alot of hidden things.