MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By joegrant413 Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:48 pm
Hello,

This is my first post, and looking forward to learning and sharing as I get my first MPC... the Key 61. Hopefully Sweetwater ships it in a week or two.

Does anyone here use a KeyStep or KeyStep Pro with their MPC? If so, is there any reason for me to hold on to the KeyStep Pro?

Obviously, the MPC Key 61 will give provde keys and a ton of ways to sequence. But the KeyStep still might have unique ways to play and sequence I want hang on to.

So any KeyStep users here?

Thanks,
Joe
By joegrant413 Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:34 pm
Thanks for the info!

Another cool thing about the KeystepPro is the keys are lit. So you keep your ears, eyes, and fingers focused on the keys to compose and learn. Not the biggest reason to own one, but it's not a trivial feature.

It'll make a lot more sense once I actually GET the MPC Keys 61. And, TBH, simplifying and integrating my gear is one of the things I'm trying to do. So I'll be on the fence.

Part of me is thinking the MPC community might think of some new features down the road for their MPCs with Keys. Maybe they can repurpose some ideas from the Keystep and other gear like it.