MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DeaDeus Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:58 pm
Warren Abela wrote:
robmister909 wrote:I'm having the ae issue. Brand new MPC One, added 2.11 update and now blank screen. Non of the button combinations are working for me to be able to boot it up either. Help urgently please

I'm having the same issue. Tech support said it is Hardware related. :(

Just a few days ago I was critizised, when I said "degrading hardware quality" - at least they've admitted it - shame....
By [email protected] Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:27 pm
What happened to the nice installer, where you could choose from updating the hardware firmware as well as the Desktop Software from the same menu, and it would show you which version you had and if you needed an update??

With the same issue, my MPC Live II Retro edition is totally bricked from this 2.11.7 update.

It is so infuriating !!!
By DeaDeus Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 am
...I am sure you did a reset of preferences, or did you not?

A lot of issues are solved after a reset was done.
- Only the preference settings are resetted - no projects or else.

But keep in mind: Updates CAN influence older projects! A remix might be neccessary.
Last edited by DeaDeus on Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Monotremata Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:34 pm
[email protected] wrote:What happened to the nice installer, where you could choose from updating the hardware firmware as well as the Desktop Software from the same menu, and it would show you which version you had and if you needed an update??

With the same issue, my MPC Live II Retro edition is totally bricked from this 2.11.7 update.

It is so infuriating !!!

The Desktop Software never installed the firmware for the standalone units. Just the MPC Software and the driver for your computer.
Firmware updates have always been a separate installer, but there is a 'PC version' and a 'standalone USB' version perhaps you confused the two?
By [email protected] Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:42 pm
Of course I confused the two. But what’s tye reason for not centralizing both of these processes into the same installer?

I find it almost impossible to stay in sync with all of the different versions of drivers, software and firmware the way things are.

Can someone please tell me the best way to proceed now there is a blank screen after normal startup with MPC image?
By [email protected] Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:02 pm
Dominant One wrote:Hey guys at what moment do I press the button combination because I have the same issue,blank screen no touch or button input

Just got mine to work again. Had it plugged into computer with software updater running on the Mac. I held down the update mode button combo first while powering it off, and remained holding it down after turning it back on, and it went to update mode (controller mode) and the update finished successfully.

After, the MPC turned on to the normal screen.

So I’m back, hope this helps
By Odiophil Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:26 pm
It's so sad, Akai doesn't care about this. Im stuck at 2.7.2 and no newer firmware runs. Akai support said, that's a hardware issue on a certain hardware-modul, which runs an older firmware so it can't be updated. I could send the unit in, but of course not for free.
If I buy a Akai Hardware, I should be able to update with the offered firmware. I tried every firmware version, via USB, via Windows, via OSX. 2.7.2 runs, 2.8 and newer will freeze the mpcx. Damn it!