MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dannyako Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:54 am
Hi!

I just bought an MPC One and today updated it to firmware version 2.8

Now on booting up I get the MPC screen with the colour logo for longer than usual, then the screen goes blank (not off its slightly illuminated but dark grey) - no buttons backlit at all.

Anyone got a fix or experienced?
By BostonGreen Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:13 am
Did you buy it new or second hand?

I don't have a fix, but why did you update to 2.8? There have been lots of updates since then.

Maybe download 2.10 or 2.11 to a usb stick and try the update process again.
By Dannyako Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:13 am
Hi;

I updated to 2.11 last week after I bought it new, but kept having a message for me to install the software packs from the update.

I thought I’d run the installer again and logged in and saw 2.8 presuming it was higher that 2.11 (not understanding that was eleven)

I can’t get it into update mode as I just have a blank grey screen, no button functionality. I tried to boot into update mode using (bank c)+(full level)+(erase) method but no luck.
By BostonGreen Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:41 am
Dannyako wrote:Hi;

I updated to 2.11 last week after I bought it new, but kept having a message for me to install the software packs from the update.

I thought I’d run the installer again and logged in and saw 2.8 presuming it was higher that 2.11 (not understanding that was eleven)

I can’t get it into update mode as I just have a blank grey screen, no button functionality. I tried to boot into update mode using (bank c)+(full level)+(erase) method but no luck.

That popup about installing new synths was because there were 4 or 5 new synths added with 2.10, and new paid instruments with 2.11.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with a way to get the update page working....
By Dannyako Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:50 am
I've managed to reboot in update mode using: (full level)+(browse)+(bank C)

Got it back up and running and on 2.11.2.

Still need the content files for new plugin instruments though, any clues?
By BostonGreen Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:01 am
Dannyako wrote:I've managed to reboot in update mode using: (full level)+(browse)+(bank C)

Ahh excellent!
Download the Synth Content Manager from your account page and run it, it'll show the free ones and paid extras that are available with links to download.

There's also older downloads in your account page.
By B8inMggtz Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:07 pm
Dannyako wrote:I've managed to reboot in update mode using: (full level)+(browse)+(bank C)

This is my first post. I just bought an MPC, went in for the firmware update, and lights went out. Thank you so much for this.

It is amazing that the button combination for this cant be found anywhere in official AKAI website.

Again, thank you!
By Monotremata Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:12 pm
I got these to put it in the various update modes from another thread on here.. I had these saved on my desktop while I was doing all the flashing back and forth from 2.10 to 2.11 haha.

MPC X:

To put the MPC in Controller update mode:

16 Level + Next Seq + Bank C + Power button

To put the MPC in Standalone update mode (via usb stick):

Rec + Stop + play Start + power button

MPC One:

Full level + Browse + Pad Bank C

MPC Live:

FULL Level + Bank C + Erase

By EnochLight Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:45 pm
Monotremata wrote:I got these to put it in the various update modes from another thread on here.. I had these saved on my desktop while I was doing all the flashing back and forth from 2.10 to 2.11 haha.

MPC X:

16 Level + Next Seq + Bank C + Power button

MPC One:

Full level + Browse + Pad Bank C

MPC Live:

FULL Level + Bank C + Erase

Hey Tutor - this should be a sticky!
By 83dude Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:45 am
EnochLight wrote:Hey Tutor - this should be a sticky!

Yes please! :nod:
By Kontrollpotroh Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:10 pm
Hey,

i have the same ****' problem, and the rec+stop+play start+power function dosent work. Have anybody any idea what i have to do? the whole MPC One shows only a black screen, nothing happens after i powered the unit.
By NewAkaiUser Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:44 am
Kontrollpotroh wrote:Hey,

i have the same ****' problem, and the rec+stop+play start+power function dosent work. Have anybody any idea what i have to do? the whole MPC One shows only a black screen, nothing happens after i powered the unit.

Enter the diagnostic - hold down the Bank A + Play + Play / Start buttons and turn ON MPC.
By robmister909 Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:15 am
I'm having the ae issue. Brand new MPC One, added 2.11 update and now blank screen. Non of the button combinations are working for me to be able to boot it up either. Help urgently please
By Warren Abela Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:33 am
robmister909 wrote:I'm having the ae issue. Brand new MPC One, added 2.11 update and now blank screen. Non of the button combinations are working for me to be able to boot it up either. Help urgently please

I'm having the same issue. Tech support said it is Hardware related. :(