MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By rrooyyccee Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:42 pm
I have a Kiwi Patch editor and would like to use it to program patches on Tubesynth and Odyssey. My first question is if this is possible: is there a limit to the number of controllers than can be assigned? The second question is how to make it happen. I tried going through the Midi Learn function, but had trouble figuring out how to make the target anything other than channel volume, pan, etc. So, I think I am doing something incorrectly.
By T-Monk Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:13 am
It should work if the Kiwi sends standard midi. I don’t think there is a limit to how many parameters you can control, but it is a little tedious. The mappings also seem to be tied to the project if I recall.

Check the manual around page 350 (updates to 2.2) where it explains a bit.
By T-Monk Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:54 am
It shouldn’t need the software. You should be able to do it standalone.

Standalone doesn’t do global midi mapping (mapping midi CC to different global “buttons” like play start, stop, q-links, etc) out of the box. You need a SSH version of the firmware and it is a bit difficult. The standard firmware does allow you to map a midi CC to a specific parameter for a specific program. It won’t for instance map a particular slider to “Filter Cutoff” for the selected track, instead it will always be tied to one specific program only.

Hope that helps.
By hyena Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:06 am
rrooyyccee wrote:I have a Kiwi Patch editor and would like to use it to program patches on Tubesynth and Odyssey. My first question is if this is possible: is there a limit to the number of controllers than can be assigned? The second question is how to make it happen. I tried going through the Midi Learn function, but had trouble figuring out how to make the target anything other than channel volume, pan, etc. So, I think I am doing something incorrectly.

sounds like you are targeting mixer functions instead of program functions. in the SOURCE (which is not where you select your controller) select PROGRAM and then on the list select the plugin you want to control. then on the TARGET you choose the parameter. then you enable mapping , press learn and move your fader\knob. boom. works a charme.