MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By flieger Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 pm
I use an external MIDI keyboard (Novation Launchkey Mini) with a modulation strip. I notice that for different plugin synths, it controls different parameters. E.g. for the Bassline synth it controls the LP cutoff frequency, for the Odyssey synth in controls a pitch wobble (not sure what exactly).
How can I see what parameters the mod wheel/strip controls, and is there a way to change it?
See https://photos.app.goo.gl/yHgaemDuFFSgMq5Y8

Thanks!
By DeaDeus Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:15 pm
flieger wrote:I use an external MIDI keyboard (Novation Launchkey Mini) with a modulation strip. I notice that for different plugin synths, it controls different parameters. E.g. for the Bassline synth it controls the LP cutoff frequency, for the Odyssey synth in controls a pitch wobble (not sure what exactly).
How can I see what parameters the mod wheel/strip controls, and is there a way to change it?
See https://photos.app.goo.gl/yHgaemDuFFSgMq5Y8

Thanks!

OK, should not be too difficult.
- the Modulation strip is equal to the Modulation Wheel = CC1
- The Virus has this wonderful option to run many modulations through the Matrix (Slot 1-6) -- EDIT: OOPs wrong forum ;-) but basically the same
-- Depending on what has been mapped against the Mod Wheel the individual manipulation of sounds are different

Now - I have the Novation Impuls (modified to wear it as a wireless cotroller - if interessted: mobile phone powerbank delivering the 5V and a wireless MIDI transfer - WIDI - to play the Virus) - here I can, I am sure the Launchkey can do so too, change the Control Change (CC) setting - default CC1

This should help I guess....
By hyena Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:06 pm
in various plugins you can map it to different parameters, and you can also use it in keygroups to control LFO amount, check the PORTA/MOD page in program edit of keygroups... wheel - lfo

you can even map it to custom parameters (example: send 1 amount for track 1) via midi learn in the MIDI CONTROL menu.