MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:47 pm
joegrant413 wrote:Thanks, I suppose I made my pre-order after the first batch got sold out. Anyone got an ETA on the next shipments?

Well, I'll tell you this much: I ordered a Juno-X from Sweetwater when it was listed as "Hot New Item - On The Way!", only 1 day after it went on sale. After waiting for over a month with no shipment notification, I got cold feet and cancelled my order because my rep kept telling me "it might be another couple of weeks". So, hopefully yours doesn't take a month or more. Sweetwater does seem to be last to get things lately, though. My local Guitar Center actually had a Juno-X in stock that's 10 minutes from my house, but I didn't have any 0% financing options through them.
By Monotremata Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:15 pm
I've heard they aren't expecting restocks on some of the MOTU interfaces for up to a year, hopefully Akai's got some better manufacturing and parts stock than MOTU does.. Whenever they manage to get Behringer stuff in stock people have been waiting months for, they usually get a handful of them at a time too.
By EnochLight Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:17 pm
Monotremata wrote:I've heard they aren't expecting restocks on some of the MOTU interfaces for up to a year,

Holy hell - that’s disconcerting!
By brisket Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:06 pm
When it arrives be sure to check in the box, SweetWater has this thing where they put candy in there. Lots a times even a couple SweetWater stickers with the candy. This candy is safe to eat, they're individually wrapped and SweetWater isn't going to risk losing business by having compromised or otherwise dangerous candy. It's just their shtick, but the candy is good.. a lot of customers who order from there that are also parents will give the SweetWater candy to their kids.
By Monotremata Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:13 pm
brisket wrote:When it arrives be sure to check in the box, SweetWater has this thing where they put candy in there. Lots a times even a couple SweetWater stickers with the candy. This candy is safe to eat, they're individually wrapped and SweetWater isn't going to risk losing business by having compromised or otherwise dangerous candy. It's just their shtick, but the candy is good.. a lot of customers who order from there that are also parents will give the SweetWater candy to their kids.

If you get the root beer barrels you have to send them to me too. I'll trade you all the atomic fireballs I have left.
By EnochLight Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:58 pm
joegrant413 wrote:Update: My Sweetwater guy is now saying mid-Aug.

Plenty of time for you to mull over your decision and cancel incase you get buyer's remorse like I did with my Juno-X. :lol: My Sweetwater rep kept bumping the ship date, so after a month I finally cancelled. Glad I did - saved me $2000 USD and I'm fine with my System-8.
By Lampdog Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:45 pm
The rubber buttons with the slight click underneath works well.
Keys have a good feel, strike at the bottom is a lil harsh but the action is good.

Screen is crisp and clear, I really wish it had a tilt like MPC X.

Wheels have a good slightly heavy feel.

Touch Strip is better than what I thought it would be. At first I thought it would be a
cheesy half assed gimmick. It's actually not. It's something that can be deadly serious.
By BDRAKE Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:03 am
joegrant413 wrote:FYI, got mine Monday from Sweetwater. So far so good!

Got mine Monday as well. Everything they told you was what they told me.
By BDRAKE Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:05 am
Lampdog wrote:Touch Strip is better than what I thought it would be. At first I thought it would be a cheesy half assed gimmick. It's actually not. It's something that can be deadly serious.

I agree 100%. I thought the same. So far I'm impressed. :nod: