MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Gorgon Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:03 pm
EnochLight wrote:[[ UPDATE ]]

OK, so reformatted into NTFS and re-sync'd Splice. The good news is my subfolders/categories are all restored (All Your Samples; By BPM; By Instrument; By Key; By Pack; By Tag). :worthy: The bad news is - many FLAC files still don't preview, and have no data when loaded. Still broken. :hmmm: :WTF: :shock: Oh well, was worth a shot.

i think you might find thats an issue with those files, try renaming a couple to .wav and see if they work
By EnochLight Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:19 pm
Gorgon wrote:
EnochLight wrote:[[ UPDATE ]]

OK, so reformatted into NTFS and re-sync'd Splice. The good news is my subfolders/categories are all restored (All Your Samples; By BPM; By Instrument; By Key; By Pack; By Tag). :worthy: The bad news is - many FLAC files still don't preview, and have no data when loaded. Still broken. :hmmm: :WTF: :shock: Oh well, was worth a shot.

i think you might find thats an issue with those files, try renaming a couple to .wav and see if they work

We've got multiple bug reports into Akai about this - they're on it. Hoping we'll see a proper fix, because me going through my entire Splice library and manually fixing the issue would be a nightmare (I've got over 8700 samples in my Splice library). :lol: Thanks though. :)
By Gorgon Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 pm
Yeah good luck with that. Don't really like splice tbh, kind of defeats the point of having a sampler, but yeh of course you want a fix, but if you need a particular file there is a workaround

Although I didn't think it was every file either
By boomspot Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:22 am
Just grabbed a new Mpc Live mk2 retro that shipped with 2.9.1 firmware. It’s running smooth, should I update to 2.11.3?

B
By NearTao Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:16 am
Only if you want any of the new features.

You can also always downgrade back to 2.9.1 (or any other firmware version). The biggest thing to note is that if you downgrade firmware your projects may stop working on the older firmware.
By boomspot Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:19 pm
NearTao wrote:Only if you want any of the new features.

You can also always downgrade back to 2.9.1 (or any other firmware version). The biggest thing to note is that if you downgrade firmware your projects may stop working on the older firmware.

Cool. I upgraded and it looks like I’ll need to spend some time getting familiar with all the new features and settings. Seems like a major upgrade between 2.9 and 2.11.

B
By ivato Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:10 pm
Hello

MPC One updated with 2.11.3, reset preferences done

Found a weird bug in Odyssey plugin. The LFO does not work anymore when synced to the tempo ? Anyone can confirm ?
By EnochLight Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:11 pm
boomspot wrote:Cool. I upgraded and it looks like I’ll need to spend some time getting familiar with all the new features and settings. Seems like a major upgrade between 2.9 and 2.11.

B

Yes, 2.10 added a massive amount of new features as well as free effects and plugins. Check out the entire list here:

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc210
By EnochLight Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:25 am
boomspot wrote:Thanks for the link.

No problem!
By ivato Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:23 pm
ivato wrote:Hello

MPC One updated with 2.11.3, reset preferences done

Found a weird bug in Odyssey plugin. The LFO does not work anymore when synced to the tempo ? Anyone can confirm ?

Ok just realised the LFO synced will work only when the MPC is playing a sequence.
Still weird because i'm sure i've played some patches before without a sequence playing.

Another strange thing :

I have a project made before the update, that uses a lot of pitchbend modulation on one track.
After the update, I don't hear anymore the bends.

So after looking for my bends data, looking at the graphs on the grid view, and the step seq, I don't see it but instead, there is a lot of a parameter called "PRG : Program Polyphony" .

Looking at the data positions, it really seems that my bends data have been reassigned to this parameter.
If it comes from an update, don't know if it is from the 2.11.1, 2.11.2 or 2.11.3 : made them almost in a row :\
By ancaja123 Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:08 pm
Has anyone else experienced massive slowdown? I booted up a blank project on my Live II the other day to test something, and just scrolled through some Odyssey presets. Often times my MPC was freezing up for almost a minute. Sometimes it would be fine and scroll through seamlessly though, was very confusing.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:28 am
Slowdown when I shutdown 1 out of 5 times. Takes about 3 minutes as if it’s frozen while shutting down.
By ancaja123 Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 pm
Lampdog wrote:Slowdown when I shutdown 1 out of 5 times. Takes about 3 minutes as if it’s frozen while shutting down.

Interesting. I didn't even have anything going into the MIDI In to overload it with information, it was like it couldn't handle simple preset changes, and it was on the Odyssey and not something like Fabric that actually uses samples. Praying its a bug and not something going on with my machine itself. Haven't had it freeze/slow during shutdown like you said.
By EnochLight Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:23 pm
ancaja123 wrote:Has anyone else experienced massive slowdown? I booted up a blank project on my Live II the other day to test something, and just scrolled through some Odyssey presets. Often times my MPC was freezing up for almost a minute. Sometimes it would be fine and scroll through seamlessly though, was very confusing.

:hmmm:

Nope, not here (MPC Live II). Did you reset preferences after updating your firmware?