MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:02 pm
I randomly check Akai's website every day now and looks like 2.11.3 is up on the Key's 'Downloads' section..
Looks like they actually updated my account too, got .3 ready to go, was 2.11.1 yesterday haha.

Got an hour before I have to clock in to work at home, here we go!

EDIT: MPC Software got updated as well in case you use that thing.. Popping is gone on my mono key groups in my 2.11 'test project' but **** Pad Perform ugh.. Its still doing the thing where the pads are stuck on the color of whatever the highest velocity is. And it still lights up all the octaves when you play a note. TURN IT OFF AKAI.
By bM3w Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:15 pm
Nice! Updating now...

I wish Roland were as fast with providing updates. They usually take forever or simply ignore bugs ultimately...
By Certified Beatz Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:53 pm
Agree nice to see a fast bug update... would also like to see the change log I want to know what they are fixing and then therefore changing in the process..

Also why isn't on the inmusic site crqzy.crazy.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:34 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Agree nice to see a fast bug update... would also like to see the change log I want to know what they are fixing and then therefore changing in the process..

Also why isn't on the inmusic site crqzy.crazy.

It is for me finally. My account up until today still had 2.11.1 for download but at least this time I've got the latest one available. Maybe they're doing it in phases or something?

I couldn't find a change log or anything yet either. Grabbed the user guide just in case it was updated but all the release notes still look like the same old ones from before.
By Certified Beatz Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:09 pm
I'm going to hold off until for thr release notes.. strange they just release to some accounts and nothing about what the fix is or isn't...
By Monotremata Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:30 am
Certified Beatz wrote:I'm going to hold off until for thr release notes.. strange they just release to some accounts and nothing about what the fix is or isn't...

I only got to play with it for about a half hour before I had to switch over and clock in for work, but so far so good aside from the annoying Pad Perform thing. Didnt have time to fire up all the gear and test a song that used MIDI stuff, but at least my AMT8 still connected and worked and my UMC1820 still worked. I'll be off in like 30, so I'm gonna fire up a project I've been working on the last week in 2.10 that uses my EMU and Blofeld and see how it goes (after I make a backup of course).
By Certified Beatz Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:36 am
Monotremata wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:I'm going to hold off until for thr release notes.. strange they just release to some accounts and nothing about what the fix is or isn't...

I only got to play with it for about a half hour before I had to switch over and clock in for work, but so far so good aside from the annoying Pad Perform thing. Didnt have time to fire up all the gear and test a song that used MIDI stuff, but at least my AMT8 still connected and worked and my UMC1820 still worked. I'll be off in like 30, so I'm gonna fire up a project I've been working on the last week in 2.10 that uses my EMU and Blofeld and see how it goes (after I make a backup of course).

Good to hear and I will wait to hear back hope more do the same if they updated..
By Monotremata Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:29 am
Yeah seems ok so far. Spent the last few hours playing around with my project. Played through the Song Mode a bunch of times listening back and of course did some editing here and there because I cant stop. Pops and clicks are definitely gone, no MIDI hiccups playing 5 channels on the other sampler while the MPC was playing like 8, USB MIDI seems good, USB audio still good here too.

I'm still calling pad perform bugged. Its on all the time and I dont know if you're supposed to be able to set different scales or modes for each program, but it stays the same. I've been going through and just turning off pad colors altogether on key groups but the octave thing is still irritating. Drums still work ok at least. You can see it respond normally if you turn on 16 Level, and then inside the 16 Level window, uncheck the Activate box, but leave the window open. Then watch the pads finally use whatever the normal pad color settings are. The minute you close the 16 Level window though, its back to normal. They broke it adding that Custom option and completely removed the ability to turn it off.
By KaoticShock Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:53 am
Any news of the Drum Synth Bugs Fixed? Also hoping for Splice integration fix as well. (No mo FLAC files please!)