MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:45 am
Yeah that's just the MPC Software's version. It always has a longer number in the build for some reason compared to the hardware.
By HarryL1972 Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:39 pm
pspsounds wrote:Anybody know if the Splice issue was resolved? All the category folders disappeared.

Don't know if anybody here already found any other solution, but the bug seems to be with the exFat file system. Format your external/internal drives in NTFS and auditioning comes back to all Splice (Sub-)Folders. Bad news if you are limited to Mac Computers. Try to get your hands on any Windows Machine for formatting. Copying of files is also possible, if you connect the drive to any Synology server (who can manage NTFS) ;)
By 40Beatz Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:31 pm
I seen a guy on YouTube...back his Splice Folder up, Delete the Splice Folder, and reinstalled the Splice. And All of his Sh*t started working
By EnochLight Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:55 pm
40Beatz wrote:I seen a guy on YouTube...back his Splice Folder up, Delete the Splice Folder, and reinstalled the Splice. And All of his Sh*t started working

Link? Also, was his Splice folder located in the default factory storage location, or on an SSD/SD Card/USB Stick? Wondering if that has anything to do with the issue. :hmmm:

HarryL1972 wrote:Don't know if anybody here already found any other solution, but the bug seems to be with the exFat file system. Format your external/internal drives in NTFS and auditioning comes back to all Splice (Sub-)Folders.

Hmmm... where did you read this? Or did you test this for yourself? I'm willing to give it a go, but it'll be a lengthy backup and conversion over. I'm on PC so don't care about ExFAT for Mac.
By 40Beatz Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:00 pm
Quick Google Search.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUbB7q5vRs8 Splice Problem
By EnochLight Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:20 pm
40Beatz wrote:Quick Google Search.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUbB7q5vRs8 Splice Problem

Thanks. Couple of things with that video: 1. If you follow his directions, there is no need to "send it to the ReCycle bin (and then empty the bin)" - just hold down your Shift Key + Delete, and that skips the ReCycle bin in Windows altogether and permanently deletes any files. 2. If you follow his directions, he makes no mention of changing the location of his Splice folder from the factory default to his SSD after he deletes everything and logs back in, hence there is no clarification whether he has re-sync'd his Splice library to his factory default storage or his SSD.

For the record, I have tried deleting my current Splice library and re-sync, but it does not fix the issue. That said, I'm formatted in ExFAT and also have everything on my 1 TB SSD. I'm considering trying to reformat my SSD in NTFS and giving it a shot. Will let everyone know my results after I try this...
By 40Beatz Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:25 pm
True...You're definitely right. Thats why I dont use Splice lol
By EnochLight Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:28 pm
LOL! Well, there's some Splice content that I've rather gotten used to - definitely some usable content in there. It does tend to be tedious to curate it, though. But right now it's not even usable with this damn bug. I swear if it's as simple as switching from ExFAT to NTFS, I'm about to riot. :lol:
By Monotremata Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:35 pm
The MPC is not going to work with an NTFS drive. I highly doubt Akai paid for the licensing required to do it. At best it may read it, but wont be able to write to it.
By EnochLight Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:09 pm
Monotremata wrote:The MPC is not going to work with an NTFS drive. I highly doubt Akai paid for the licensing required to do it. At best it may read it, but wont be able to write to it.

Really? Isn't NTFS support native for Linux (which the MPC OS rides on)? It's been supported since the 5.15 kernel anyway. :hmmm:

Edit: I think you've confused HFS+ for NTFS... :nod:

By Monotremata Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:15 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Monotremata wrote:The MPC is not going to work with an NTFS drive. I highly doubt Akai paid for the licensing required to do it. At best it may read it, but wont be able to write to it.

Really? Isn't NTFS support native for Linux (which the MPC OS rides on)? It's been supported since the 5.15 kernel anyway. :hmmm:

Edit: I think you've confused HFS+ for NTFS... :nod:

Who knows, I dont keep up with Linux updates or progress as I have no need for it really. Maybe Microsoft at some point opened it up for everybody to use or the Linux foundation paid for it. Apple still cant natively write to it without third party software, but thats because they never wanted to pay for it and want you to use APFS. You cant even write to your Bootcamp drive in macOS unless you're booted into the Windows side.
By EnochLight Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:55 pm
Monotremata wrote:Who knows, I dont keep up with Linux updates or progress as I have no need for it really. Maybe Microsoft at some point opened it up for everybody to use or the Linux foundation paid for it. Apple still cant natively write to it without third party software, but thats because they never wanted to pay for it and want you to use APFS. You cant even write to your Bootcamp drive in macOS unless you're booted into the Windows side.

Let me try this again: MPC fully supports NTFS - both read and write. It's in the manual. :wink:
By EnochLight Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:12 pm
HarryL1972 wrote:Don't know if anybody here already found any other solution, but the bug seems to be with the exFat file system. Format your external/internal drives in NTFS and auditioning comes back to all Splice (Sub-)Folders.

Well, I just reformatted to NTFS and I am currently re-sync'ing my Splice library. Going to be a minute before I can tell if it worked or not: :lol: :WTF:

By EnochLight Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:02 am
[[ UPDATE ]]

OK, so reformatted into NTFS and re-sync'd Splice. The good news is my subfolders/categories are all restored (All Your Samples; By BPM; By Instrument; By Key; By Pack; By Tag). :worthy: The bad news is - many FLAC files still don't preview, and have no data when loaded. Still broken. :hmmm: :WTF: :shock: Oh well, was worth a shot.