MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Gorgon Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:07 am
hyena wrote:drum synth not fixed damn....

I think you have to consider the likelihood of every single bug being fixed in such a short time period since the release, to get 2.11.2 and .3 so quickly suggests they won't take forever to address this
By madhermit Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:23 am
Monotremata wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:I'm going to hold off until for thr release notes.. strange they just release to some accounts and nothing about what the fix is or isn't...

I only got to play with it for about a half hour before I had to switch over and clock in for work, but so far so good aside from the annoying Pad Perform thing. Didnt have time to fire up all the gear and test a song that used MIDI stuff, but at least my AMT8 still connected and worked and my UMC1820 still worked. I'll be off in like 30, so I'm gonna fire up a project I've been working on the last week in 2.10 that uses my EMU and Blofeld and see how it goes (after I make a backup of course).

Noob question here.

Why is the Pad Perform thing such an annoyance? What is the issue?

Thanks.
By Monotremata Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:58 pm
madhermit wrote:
Noob question here.

Thanks.

Because its always on and doesn't need to be. I like the old way where I set the pads to use the 'classic velocity' setting that gives you feedback on how hard you are hitting your notes. The way it is now Pad Perform is always on and expecting you to set it to some scale for folks that dont know how to skip intervals and play an actual keyboard heh. Pads are lit all the time, and they ignore the color settings.

My keygroups now are all lit up red and when I press a pad, the pad lights up green and on top of that, it also lights up all the octaves of that note just like it does when you have a scale and key selected. Funny enough if you mess with 16 Level you can get it to go back to normal sort of, but Im pretty sure they broke this when they added all the 16 Level and Pad Perform features being able to run at the same time. Pad Perform should be optional not on all the time.
By BostonGreen Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:03 pm
Monotremata wrote:
madhermit wrote:
Noob question here.

Thanks.

Because its always on and doesn't need to be. I like the old way where I set the pads to use the 'classic velocity' setting that gives you feedback on how hard you are hitting your notes. The way it is now Pad Perform is always on and expecting you to set it to some scale for folks that dont know how to skip intervals and play an actual keyboard heh. Pads are lit all the time, and they ignore the color settings.

My keygroups now are all lit up red and when I press a pad, the pad lights up green and on top of that, it also lights up all the octaves of that note just like it does when you have a scale and key selected. Funny enough if you mess with 16 Level you can get it to go back to normal sort of, but Im pretty sure they broke this when they added all the 16 Level and Pad Perform features being able to run at the same time. Pad Perform should be optional not on all the time.

Yeah pad perform still annoying as f**k.

Double tapping '16 levels' turns it off
By Monotremata Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:09 pm
BostonGreen wrote:

Not here unfortunately. Tried that a shitload of times along with pressing shift and everything else. Just fired it up while at 'work' and tried again and yeah no go. It just opens the 16 Level window and then closes it right away, Pad Perform still shining bright and red though on this bass keygroup. I can get it to turn off if I keep the 16 Level window open and just uncheck the Active box but the minute you close the window it turns back on.

Are you on an X or a Live or?? Wonder if its something with the OG Live or what? Seems like that one may have had more issues than the rest which is weird since they're all the same damn thing inside. Ive even done a full factory content restore and everything to it, still the same behavior every time. At least the popping and clicking is gone, but now I have to put up with my pads not lighting up anymore because I just turned pad colors off altogether.

For all I know this one particular project may just be bad because it was started in 2.11.1. I'll have to try starting a new one and getting something going in 2.11.3 to see if its changed.
By BostonGreen Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:14 pm
Monotremata wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:

Not here unfortunately. Tried that a shitload of times along with pressing shift and everything else. Just fired it up while at 'work' and tried again and yeah no go. It just opens the 16 Level window and then closes it right away, Pad Perform still shining bright and red though on this bass keygroup. I can get it to turn off if I keep the 16 Level window open and just uncheck the Active box but the minute you close the window it turns back on.

Are you on an X or a Live or?? Wonder if its something with the OG Live or what? Seems like that one may have had more issues than the rest which is weird since they're all the same damn thing inside. Ive even done a full factory content restore and everything to it, still the same behavior every time. At least the popping and clicking is gone, but now I have to put up with my pads not lighting up anymore because I just turned pad colors off altogether.

For all I know this one particular project may just be bad because it was started in 2.11.1. I'll have to try starting a new one and getting something going in 2.11.3 to see if its changed.

Yep sorry, just tried it again and double tap don't work. Also the 16 levels window no longer has the tune option, so doesn't matter what you set it to or un-tick it, it makes no difference to the pad perform settings.

You have to click on pad perform and select 'custom' to turn it off
By Wul Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:40 am
I’m on the Mpc one
I don’t see any problems with pad perform / 16 levels , yes it’s slightly different, in that off has been changed to custom, which has a preset that sets it to the old c-2 albeit blue.
The drumsynth issue has a workaround , that I posted in the bugs thread.
By Lampdog Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:29 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Also the 16 levels window no longer has the tune option.

I just used 16 levels tune on X and Keys61 yesterday.
By BeatWilson Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:30 pm
So... Is it finally good to update? or should I still wait?
Whats the pad perform bug? Is it only on keygroups?
By Lampdog Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:47 pm
Do it. You can always go back.
By Monotremata Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 pm
Wul wrote:I’m on the Mpc one
I don’t see any problems with pad perform / 16 levels , yes it’s slightly different, in that off has been changed to custom, which has a preset that sets it to the old c-2 albeit blue.
The drumsynth issue has a workaround , that I posted in the bugs thread.

Is Custom actually turning off the pad lights for you or do they stay on 24/7? Mine are on all the time. I dont even get how this is a custom setting if all it does is puts the mapping back to normal. We've got note mapping already right next to pad colors in the Program section of the sequencer. We can just turn Pad Perform off and do the exact same thing there. There was absolutely no need for a 'custom' pad perform setting that does the same shit you can do elsewhere but throws off the pad color settings. They dont even give you any more options than you have for changing drum program mappings. Custom my ass. Makes no sense why they did that.
By zangetsu01 Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:12 pm
Rocksitter wrote:2.11.3.5 out now.

Software or hardware or both?
Couldn’t find it on the hardware product page..