MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Black Gekko Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:40 pm
Hi guys,

My MPC X is freezing in 3/10 sessions since the last firmware update. I cant replicate cause sometimes it even happens when I just load an empty project and let be there for a while.

Screen freezes, buttons are unresponsive. Only thing left for me is to pull the power plug....

Really annoying. any one facing the same issue?

Thanks
By Lampdog Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:59 pm
My surefire crash is randomizing, ratchet, humanizing. That may have been in there for past updates too, not sure.
By moorekv Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:29 pm
My MPC X has been momentarily freezing randomly from time to time since I first got it. The whole thing will freeze up for a second or two and then resume what it was doing. This can happen while triggering pads or through midi or while running a sequence. The audio would stop, the screen would freeze, and the machine would become completely non-responsive momentarily. It came with 2.8 on it and this happened with 2.8. I've continued to update the firmware as new updates were released. Now, I'm on 2.11.4 and it is still happening.

Hmmmm, perhaps keeping this machine thinking it was a software problem was a BIG mistake. Several updates and an MPC One purchase later, I'm still having the same problem with the MPC X but not the MPC One. So now, I'm thinking it's a hardware issue. How can I fix this? Any suggestions? Reinitializing settings didn't help. I've tried that already several times over, and after each update.

Althought it happens rarely, it sometimes crashes too unexpectedly IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROJECT!!!! Fortunately, the crashes happened during a time I wasn't working on anything that wasn't already saved. Otherwise, I would have most certainly lost it. This makes whether or not I can trust this machine questionable in the currently state it is in functionally.

It doesn't seem to be a CPU problem because there was no heavy CPU load or CPU spikes when I monitored it as this happened. Can faulty RAM cause this? What other hardware issues could cause this? It's way too late to send it back and it is probably out of warranty by now as well since I've had it for well over a year now.