MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By lbx2 Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:51 am
Is it possible to automate Program Change messages? Do onboard synths even have it implemented? Not really a workaround for the 8 program limit, but it would be a way to get slightly more out of the synths.
By Felixku Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 pm
Hi,
I think the limit of 8 plugins is not really a Problem...
You have more to use, for example the Drums and so on...
For me two things are really important in the Future: the possibility to change the plolarity of the sustain pedal... I have 3 and they dont work with the Mpc key 61 and i hope they make new plugins with Saxophones, Flutes etc...
The Sequencer is much better than the one on Roland Fantom.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:48 pm
Felixku wrote:Hi,
I think the limit of 8 plugins is not really a Problem...
You have more to use, for example the Drums and so on...
For me two things are really important in the Future: the possibility to change the plolarity of the sustain pedal... I have 3 and they dont work with the Mpc key 61 and i hope they make new plugins with Saxophones, Flutes etc...
The Sequencer is much better than the one on Roland Fantom.

In the meantime, check out our dedicated horns instrument expansion, very low CPU and memory usage:

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php ... n-edition/
By jabberwalky Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:13 pm
lbx2 wrote:Is it possible to automate Program Change messages? Do onboard synths even have it implemented? Not really a workaround for the 8 program limit, but it would be a way to get slightly more out of the synths.

No, and it has been a submitted feature request.
By LivePsy Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:38 pm
TT_Lab wrote:First of all, MPCs never had plugins before (Maybe a synth in the 4000 or 5000), so to have even only 1 plugin is an extra to the original idea of an MPC. Doubt this is something they have to fix. I'm really tired of seeing people wanting an MPC that is not an MPc but a DAW. It was discussed in this forum in the past, that if Akai took this aproach to MPCs people will be wanting a DAW and that defeats the purpose of an MPC all together. I was quite exceptical about it, but now I see what purists saw back then when the softwaqre 2.0 and even before when the mixer started turning in what it is now instead in what it was in early versions with my beloved Ren and the first studio.
Please people stop.

WELL SAID!
By Felixku Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 pm
In many Things you are wright....
But the Mpc Key is also a Sythesizer.. its not anymore only an MPC !!!
Like i allready wrote its complitly ok to use only 8 Plugins in a Session.
Every Sythesizer has good Pianos and good Organs happy for the people who likes it...
But it need definitivly have also good Wind Instruments.
Of course if Akai makes this Plugins i would bey them.
Where you are wright is the Fact that akai is making more and more and not everyone is happy...
This machines are capable of so much more than other ...
We have to say thank you akai.
By TT_Lab Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:49 pm
Felixku wrote:In many Things you are wright....

Allow me to disagree. The Key61 is an MPC with a MIDI keyboard attached. It is no synth, not virtual nor analog. It is an MPC that happens to have some synth/rompler plugins inside.
Likewise, the MPC Live II is not a Boombox. Even if it is capable of reproducing mp3s through its speaker. It is an MPC with a speaker attached.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:58 pm
TT_Lab wrote:
Felixku wrote:In many Things you are wright....

Allow me to disagree. The Key61 is an MPC with a MIDI keyboard attached. It is no synth, not virtual nor analog. It is an MPC that happens to have some synth/rompler plugins inside.
Likewise, the MPC Live II is not a Boombox. Even if it is capable of reproducing mp3s through its speaker. It is an MPC with a speaker attached.

Introducing the Akai Professional MPC Key 61, the revolutionary new standalone production synthesizer keyboard powering the next chapter of the MPC legacy.

Even AKAI call it a synthesizer.

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-key-61
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:28 pm
It's an MPC with an attached keybed and synth plugins installed inside. It's like calling a Macbook a synth just because you have garageband inside with some synth plugins pre-installed. I don't think any actual end user or music tech journalist considers the MPC Key a 'synth', despite it having various synthesis features baked in (e.g. keygroup programs etc).
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:36 pm
TT_Lab wrote:What Akai call it is irrelevant. Marketing is marketing.

Pretty sure AKAI knows better than anyone, what a synthesizer is, they've been making synthesizers for more than 40 years.

Furthermore more, a sample play back electronic music device IS technically a synthesizer, using samples as oscillators in a subtractive synthesis architecture.

Maybe it's time for you to learn what the definition of a synthesizer is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer

A synthesizer (also spelled synthesiser)[1] is an electronic musical instrument that generates audio signals. Synthesizers typically create sounds by generating waveforms through methods including subtractive synthesis, additive synthesis and frequency modulation synthesis.

Synthesizers generate audio through various forms of analogue and digital synthesis [...] In sample-based synthesis, instead of sounds being created by synthesizers, samples (digital recordings of sounds) are played back and shaped with components such as filters, envelopes and LFOs.[60]

Actually it's probably marketing that impaired your understanding of what a synthesizer is at first place. All MPC are synthesizers, even when not marketed as such.

what do you have in response to sourced arguments? your unsourced opinions...