MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By WillisRamzeez Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:27 pm
Hello I’ve been dj’ing bars and birthdays with the mpc live 2, my first question is, while I have a sampled song playing on let’s say pad ( a1)
I have pad (a4) going to my outs on 3,4 into a dj mixer so I can separate and fade the pad samples, sometimes while pad (a1) is playing I will preview pad (a4) in my headphones so that I can practice the mix. But then I want to stop pad (a4) from playing, not just to mute it, however if I press stop it will stop both sampled pads from playing. Is there anyway to stop pad (a4) while pad (a1) continues to play, that way I can practice mixing in the new sampled pad?
By 83dude Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:39 pm
Or you could set your pad A4 to NoteOn (instead of one-shot) for previewing it. Releasing the pad will stop its‘ audio. Just don‘t forget to set it back to one-shot afterwards to have it play to the end again.
By EnochLight Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 pm
Has anyone tried to load a 10 minute long audio recording into a Clip? Just curious if Clips suffer from the same limitation as Audio Tracks (4 minutes 59 second truncate). :hmmm:
By Patientrichard Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:44 am
Have a look into a looper. Rc 505 is the daddy but the ehx 1440 is fine as well - you want midi sync AND midi quantize for your purposes - keeping the beats in sync.

You're obviously using a DJ mixer, so I won't speak too much to this, however a crossfader is really useful

You play your track on the mpc, find a mixing point you want to use, and loop that.

Flip over to the looped track, then bring in the elements from your new track and mix over the loop.

I do this with the octatrack and the ehx 1440.