MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By venage Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:24 am
Lampdog wrote:8, new or old, doesn’t matter. 8

You could have tried without a trial.

Im talking about the paid ones that got released with 2.11. I was assuming the mpc one with 2gb ram cant handle as many instances as the mpc key with 4gb
By EnochLight Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:54 am
venage wrote:How many instances of the new plugins can you run on MPC one in standalone? I didnt get to test this while I still had my trial

MPC-Tutor wrote:The limit is 8 plugin programs, it didn’t matter if it’s made from new, old or even just 8 copies of the same plugin. Same for mpc key, same for mpc one. It’s a cpu limit, not memory

This isn't entirely accurate. On the MPC Live, Live II, One, and X, you are limited by the 2 GB of RAM. For instance, load up a default instance of Studio Strings (Dynamic Section preset), and you can only get 3 instances before running out of memory. Studio Strings and Fabric XL are the two that tend to push your RAM to the limit, though - most of the older/other plugins allow you to instantiate up to the 8 instance limit. I think. Can't remember - haven't tested them all in a while.
By venage Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:39 pm
venage wrote:This was my exact question, how many plugins can you run in a real world production scenario before having to bounce tracks out. Akai gives 8 plugin tracks on all mpcs but they obviously wouldnt beef up the specs on the mpc key for no reason.

That was not your exact question at all, it was far more vague:

How many instances of the new plugins can you run on MPC one in standalone?

Regardless it still depends on the plugins and patches you are loading, 8 opx4 no problem, 8 studio strings, maybe, maybe not. It’s like asking “how many keygroups can I load into ram”, there’s no way to answer other than “it depends”
By Linen Associate Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:51 pm
venage wrote:
venage wrote:This was my exact question, how many plugins can you run in a real world production scenario before having to bounce tracks out. Akai gives 8 plugin tracks on all mpcs but they obviously wouldnt beef up the specs on the mpc key for no reason.

That was not your exact question at all, it was far more vague:

How many instances of the new plugins can you run on MPC one in standalone?

Regardless it still depends on the plugins and patches you are loading, 8 opx4 no problem, 8 studio strings, maybe, maybe not. It’s like asking “how many keygroups can I load into ram”, there’s no way to answer other than “it depends”

I'm confused. Are you replying to your own posts and arguing with yourself? :hmmm: