MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By nickrosa Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:46 pm
Hi all,

I wanted to share with you my experience with a very nasty bug that happens randomly on my MPC One.

I use my setup with two Launch Control XL mapped as midi mixers with the upper three knobs as effect send, faders as volume, and one button as mute. I'm pretty sure I have mapped those controllers to channels 15 and 16 to void any conflict, as I'm only using the first 8 Midi channels on the MPC assigned to different Plugins.

Also, I cleaned up all the midi in and out send for each track and ensured is all at none as I'm using only the MPC pads to play. I also removed any kind of automation from my song.

Now, after a few minutes, I'm using the unit, weird shit starts to happen, knobs and faders on the controller get randomly assigned to multiple tracks, and on the last session, I also had a full row of knobs assigned to mute multiple tracks and raise the volume on one track, all the second row of knobs on one controller was doing it.

I tried to turn off the unit and reload the project, and everything was fine, but this kept happening randomly.

I'm so frustrated; is it me being a total noob, or it's a known bug? Any advice? Please help!

Many thanks in advance,

Nick
By T-Monk Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:08 pm
It sounds like you’re doing everything right and it is a bug.

The MPC has been underwhelming in its ability to midi map external controllers. It sometimes crashes or gives erratic value jumping when midi mapping. I’ve tried to use an ssh version of the firmware in order to do global mapping so my controller can act as all 16 q-links, and even that is unpredictable and spotty.

You are not losing your mind, the MPC just sucks at this stuff.