MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPD MPK RAY Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:42 pm
Thanks to all of you that put up with my posts(pictures) because it finally paid off. I just came back from Guitar Center; taking the KeyStep 37 back, and went skrate to Lenox Mall Apple Store to buy the 10.2" iPad on sale for $300(Amazon). I had to give back the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter from my iPhone 13 Pro Max/DDJ REV 1/DJay IOS setup to afford it though.

Since I had no Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter I was forced to try Scaler 2 IOS: Bluetooth to the MPC X Standalone and I just cant hear ANY latency even when I recorded with no Time Correct! I'm stunned! :worthy:

Question: Is there a way to play the iPad with a MIDI keyboard using Scaler 2 IOS chord/strumming into the MPC X recording standalone?

Or

Did I just take back the very Arturia KeyStep 37 that would do that with maybe a IK iRig Midi 2 for the iPad?

OR

The IK iRig Keys 2 that I sold on Ebay 2 weeks ago to get the dang KeyStep 37?

OR

Order the Lumi Keys?

**The reason I asked about the MIDI Keyboard is that the keys are a bit tiny on the 10.2" iPad
Great question tho: I'm ready to pounce on the best STANDALONE workflow for me! :popcorn: :nod:
By Lampdog Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:09 am
imo, you will always need a kybd. Some ios apps can resize the keys.
I always want a hardware kybd for the “feel” but I can bang on anything and make do.

Some ios apps use pads all over the screen not in a tradition keyboard format.

Gotta look around, try demos, try out different stuff.

And THEN after all of that there is MPE (magellan) and anostrophic (animoog) keys that EXCEL on touch screens.
By MPD MPK RAY Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:26 am
There are YT and IG videos with me using those IOS keyboards way back with the iPad 3 and Alesis IODock to the MPC4K. Good stuff my brotha Lampdog!

What about the guy who invited me to purchase the Arturia?

Tutor are you out there?

Anybody else with a similar setup?
By MPD MPK RAY Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:00 pm
I don't think anyone here will have the answer so I slept on it...Woke up to just take back the iPad and get the new iPad Pro 12 9

The scaler 2 ios lettering get bigger,sharper and blacker. So does the keyboard and pads.

Done. 12.9" iPad Pro M1 running Scaler 2 IOS Bluetooth to the Standalone MPC X.
By MPD MPK RAY Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:07 am
Quick update:The Keyboard on Scaler IOS TUI is resizable and help me realize I don't need the new iPad Pro 12.9" 2021.

New target : iPad Pro 12.9" 4th generation 2020 with Bluetooth 5.0(The iPad 9th gen I'm taking back tomorrow has Bluetooth 4.2 technology).
By MPD MPK RAY Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:46 pm
I'm back!

I got the iPad 12.9" with Scaler 2 IOS and I'm using the Pad Perform to pull up progressions.

The chord progressions are being recorded into the Scaler over Bluetooth.

I can now perform with those same static chords using Scaler 2 strumming back into the MPC X.

This is waaayyyy BETTER than if I had purchased the MPC Key 61 and attempted to play a song from my head without proper piano training.

I will put up a YT video as soon as I get a good workflow.

I love ALL of you guys up here.

Thank you for all your help.

Rodraygo the MPC X MIDI keyboard whisperer :P
By SuperKonquer Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:11 pm
Ahh that's dope. I was looking for a solution to compensate for the lack of a basic strum in arp mode. Scaler and Ipad should work exceptional with pad perform. I was worried that when Scaler was released it would negate the usefulness of progression mode and my progression pack would have less utility, but now I see it works symbiotically and enhances progression mode vastly. Question though. What's the latency like when recording to the grid? I get 10ms just using the midi cable out then back in so I can only assume even though small, it'll be quite noticeable on the grid.
By MPD MPK RAY Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:Ahh that's dope. I was looking for a solution to compensate for the lack of a basic strum in arp mode. Scaler and Ipad should work exceptional with pad perform. I was worried that when Scaler was released it would negate the usefulness of progression mode and my progression pack would have less utility, but now I see it works symbiotically and enhances progression mode vastly. Question though. What's the latency like when recording to the grid? I get 10ms just using the midi cable out then back in so I can only assume even though small, it'll be quite noticeable on the grid.

Bruhh. Maybe. Half a millisecond but I have NO perceived latency! I'm tearing up like I just saw my daughter walk. LOL!

My next test will be to introduce the IK iRig Keys 2 full size(when I get the money) and see if that interacts properly but I am GUCCI! :worthy:

Walk on the airplane with the X and the 12.9er!
By MPD MPK RAY Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:23 pm
This is the final form until I can afford an Otterbox Defender and USB-C hub but it works better than the MPC Key 61 for my non playing azz :mrgreen:

USB-A: iRig Keys 2 PRO + mio iConnectivity into the iPad Pro case then into the MIDI ports of the X from the mio = FLAWLESS STANDALONE and portable VICTORY

:worthy: