MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justaquestion Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:51 pm
Hello, a new happy Live II user,

I have a question since I've read that it is quiet easy to mess up the files on MPC Live by incorrectly ejecting the drives when connected via USB.

What should I do when ejecting the MPC drives from Windows, and the annoying "can not eject this drive cus the drive is still being used" error shows up - even though all transfers back and forth are done and no activity going what so ever - what is the safest way to proceed and still avoid messing up the files on the MPC Live II? Is it best to shut down the computer? I've two times only been able to eject by going to task manager and end both MPC program tasks there, than I can finally eject the MPC itself without errors and everything is fine on the MPC, but it does not feel quiet right.

So what is the correct, safest way to do it, if this error appears?

Man, I sometimes I cant stand Windows....
By EnochLight Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:50 am
justaquestion wrote:Hello, a new happy Live II user,

I have a question since I've read that it is quiet easy to mess up the files on MPC Live by incorrectly ejecting the drives when connected via USB.

What should I do when ejecting the MPC drives from Windows, and the annoying "can not eject this drive cus the drive is still being used" error shows up - even though all transfers back and forth are done and no activity going what so ever - what is the safest way to proceed and still avoid messing up the files on the MPC Live II? Is it best to shut down the computer? I've two times only been able to eject by going to task manager and end both MPC program tasks there, than I can finally eject the MPC itself without errors and everything is fine on the MPC, but it does not feel quiet right.

So what is the correct, safest way to do it, if this error appears?

Man, I sometimes I cant stand Windows....

Read this:

https://www.ubackup.com/articles/this-d ... e.amp.html
By EnochLight Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:20 pm
jamos wrote:There is no need to eject from within Windows - just ignore the silly MPC error message.

:WTF: :hmmm:

This is the worst advice you could possibly give, as you most certainly do need to eject MPC/Force attached storage from Windows or you *WILL* eventually corrupt the file structure and data on the storage medium.