MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Remember those tales people would whisper about wanting to track to their daw directly from MPC. No sound interface needed or bulky crap?

I can now track to reaper over ethernet with a usb dongle and a 6 inch cable. All channels are seperated. It's clear but there is a delay still though... whatever i can clip it and move it on to the grid.

It took A LOT of work. I will probably release it in my rom.
By Ultros Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:49 am
Here is the synopsis:

I needed a RT Kernel for my chromebook. Alsa loopback modules on both MPC and chromebook. Then I arecord the loopback module from the MPC and netcat into the chromebook and pick it up with netcat / aplay which plays to the loopback interface on the pc that reaper then records from.
By Certified Beatz Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:06 pm
Ultros wrote:Remember those tales people would whisper about wanting to track to their daw directly from MPC. No sound interface needed or bulky crap?

I can now track to reaper over ethernet with a usb dongle and a 6 inch cable. All channels are seperated. It's clear but there is a delay still though... whatever i can clip it and move it on to the grid.

It took A LOT of work. I will probably release it in my rom.

Ahh I didn't reply to my PM I sent u asking if it can be done .. nice how many tracks can you send also can u send it by time code..
By Ultros Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:34 am
Certified Beatz wrote:I guess I'm the only one that want this feature..

All 32 channels Certified like if you routed each channel out over a 32/32 interface and into a second for recording from pc.

Atm i've not synced time code. There is some latency but signal quality is good. I am working to reduce latency currently.

Sadly it only works for linux atm and you need a real time kernel. The RT kernel is vital.

Also.. you are probably the only person here who understands what they are looking at lololol. money saved.
By Ultros Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:38 am
NearTao wrote:Well that's pretty slick... are the drivers there and it's a matter of connecting things, or did you have to do compile some drivers to get all of this to work?

had to build some kmods aka the alsa loopback interface. i send sound output to the loopback and use arecord and netcat to pass it over ethernet to the pc.

when investigating a capture i took from the loopback while mpc was playing to it i realized it was just 32 channels of data.
By Yerbalist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:55 am
Wow, keep us updated man! :-D That would be nice workaround for audio pass-through in my soundcard cuz sadly I do get some random pops and clicks sometimes. I cant imagine using MPC without DAW multichannel streaming anymore, it becomes limitless machine. Does this ethernet method require any mods of MPC tho? And how bad is the delay eg. possible to direct monitor channels through DAW? + MTC? Good luck

ps Any other DAWs than Reaper would do, you think?
By Certified Beatz Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:44 am
I don't want to speak for him but I believe that is his DAW of choice and it should work with any DAW.. from what we read the latency will be a problem with multi tracks out to your DAW you will have slip.. even if he time sync the latency do the same of course you can line up in your daW..
By Ultros Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:12 am
SakisX wrote:@Ultros Is it possible to run jackserver on MPC ? It would simplify audio over network with netjack

I need to give jack a try. atm using netcat (busybox) i cant get decent latency but there are some clicks and pops from under and overruns. netcat for busybox is tcp so the packets wait in the queue. I tried udp netcat bsd but it makes no sound so yeah likely on to jack I will go.
By GoodTimeAlliance Wed May 03, 2023 12:43 am
This is great.

If this worked well for me I could fully switch to linux for audio.
I'm no fanboy but I recently tried BITWIG on Linux and it seems to make much better use of the limited power on my old laptop.

MPC is the last piece of software I use that keeps me on Windows... I only really use it to Keygroup VST's and lately its crashing a lot...... Very irritating... With your software I could ditch it altogether which would make me very happy because I pretty much feel the MPC desktop software is at best pretty crappy...

Nice one

Craig
By Ultros Wed May 03, 2023 7:28 am
I need to poke at this some more in my spare time try to get it working better. I am not sure the mpc and or my laptop has quite enough jam for this. It's one of the reasons I want inMusic go give us a platform with a little more power heh.