MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cliquid Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 am
Hey guys,

I feel like I am being a bit of an idiot, but I can't find a solution (if there is one) anywhere.

I just bought an MPC One after many years MPC-less (I had a 60, 3000 and a 2000 from the early 90s through to 2005). I want to make new kits from my old MPC kits on the MPC One. I have each kit (wavs) in folders on my SD card, but unfortunately, no .akp file. I can click on each folder, hold down shift and LOAD ALL. This puts my old kit in the Sample Pool. What I then want to do is load the whole kit (let's say 64 samples) on each individual pad in one go. At the moment I can only take one sound at a time from the pool and add to one pad at a time. With over 250 kits to update, this is going to take forever. Is there a way to add multiple samples to individual pads in one go?
I was thinking that I may need to do it in the software and then transfer the program that way, however, I really wanted to get away from sitting at my computer all day. That was kind of the idea when I bought the MPC One.
So it sounds like an easy question, hence me feeling like an idiot, but I cannot find a solution.

Thank you in advance.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:58 am
Those mpcs used pgm files, not akp, are you sure the pgm isn’t there? Otherwise there’s no way to bulk load samples to the pads in standalone. But in the software you can just select all 64 samples in Finder/File Explorer and drag them to pad A01 and it will auto assign to the pads for you. It shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to make the 250 kits in the new xpm format
By cliquid Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:02 am
Ah sorry, I should have said, I also had an S6000 and a lot of my older programs were resaved on there, my bad. I still have some of my old pgms and akps but unfortunately, not for a load of my old kits (when I saved them over to my hard drives I only saved the wavs as I never thought I would own an MPC again so I stupidly ditched the akps and pgms. So, basically, use the software then lol. Back to the computer it is then. Thank you for answering. Oh and thank you for the Bible, I bought it yesterday. It's been very useful so far in finding my feet again.