MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dan Jose Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:34 am
Hi Guys,

I've had an Mac live 1st gen that I bought a few months ago and I have had nothing but serious problems with midi. For love or life it will just not slave to Ableton. My old 2500 never had any problems with the same computer and interface. I use a mio usb - midi cable for reference.

I run Ableton as master into the mpc, then out the mpc to my synths and drum machines. with midi outs from the synths going into the mpc to record notes, and midi out going into the synths to trigger them when notes are recorded.

Back to the issue. It just goes haywire if I try to slave it to Ableton. if the bpm in Ableton is set and matches the mpc bpm when I click record the mpc just goes super fast and glitchy . Changing the latency settings makes no difference at all. Its the same whether I do it with wifi or through the interface. I've disconnected the wifi when running it thought the interface to check it wasn't actually firing over the wifi mistakenly and it didn't change anything.

I installed the latest OS and it did not change anything.

On another note, It used to go haywire if I just plugged a midi cable into the input slot. It didn't matter which one. It would just send the mpc into completely random bpms and it would slow down and speed up.

Then I found if I switched the midi setting between MTC and Midi clock (as if I was flipping a switch on and off) it resolves that issue.

Anyways I would just like it to slave. All my other Mpcs never gave me such a headache. Does anyone have any suggestions for what could be going on?

Best,

Dan
By Dan Jose Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:35 am
also if I try Ableton link it seems to start 1/8th of a count off. I don't know if that is related.