MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Gage Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:20 am
from song mode, I converted the song to a sequence, for some reason it transposed my drum program to the next pad up, can anybody help. Sorry if i explained that bad
By Lampdog Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 pm
Lampdog wrote:Every mpc when converting song to seq uses the track assignments of the very first seq in the chain.

Make sure every seq has the EXACT same track assignments BEFORE converting.

Seq1...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq2...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq3...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq4...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:44 am
Gage wrote:from song mode, I converted the song to a sequence, for some reason it transposed my drum program to the next pad up, can anybody help. Sorry if i explained that bad

Your problem is likely due to the fact that the MPC allows each sequence to have completely different organization.

On sequence 1 your first track can be a drumkit.

On sequence 2 your first track can be a bass patch.

Guess what happens when you try to convert a song made of sequence one and two into a new sequence? The MPC will put all data from track 1 of sequence one and two into the same track resulting track 1, irregardless of what instrument track one is playing in each respective sequences.
By Dtour Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:52 am
Interesting. I was searching for something along the same lines I think.
When I converted a song of 6 sequences into one sequence I noticed that in two of the original sequences, of the 5 sounds within it one is barely audible. Also, in one sequence where I added audio from my synth, the synth is missing. Then another sequence there is almost no sound. Sorry if that is difficult to follow as I am rather new at this.
However if I play it while still in the “song” page it plays fine?
By SuperKonquer Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:09 pm
Dtour wrote:Nothing huh? Tough room!

Not a lot of help can be offered to you other than guessing. This forum can be active at times and at others very low activity, so you should never expect to post a question and get a quick response. All I can say is see LampDog's post. It is MPC canon, also make sure you are not automating in such a way that your (x) parameter is stuck in a undesired position in your following sequence. For the future when you want help it is always to post as much info about your settings as possible.

Are your track lengths different or all set to sequence? Are you using lots of automation/track mutes. Did you duplicate your sequence then work on it, or did you create a new sequence and start adding tracks, and are you 100 percent sure they are in the proper order in every sequence? Do you have fx plugs on some sequences but not others? You should try gluing sequences together 1 by 1 first so you can see where something is going wrong, and where it is working as expected.
By Lampdog Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:48 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:also make sure you are not automating in such a way that your (x) parameter is stuck in a undesired position in your following sequence. For the future when you want help it is always to post as much info about your settings as possible.

Are your track lengths different or all set to sequence? Are you using lots of automation/track mutes. Did you duplicate your sequence then work on it, or did you create a new sequence and start adding tracks, and are you 100 percent sure they are in the proper order in every sequence?

ALL of the above should be paid attention to carefully.

Automation kills lots of peeps brain cells when converting fm song to seq because of sequences ending in off/on mute positions. It’s probably better to leave automation alone until the final song to seq has been done (ie. 1 long long sequence). Doing automation and mutes in individual seqs will get lost and mangled when converting song to seq for the unprepared/uninformed person, I guarantee it.

So lemme also thrown in the audio track thing.

Seq1...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq2...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq3...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq4...trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms
Seq5…trk1/kik, trk2/snr, trk3/hhat, trk4/openhat, trk5/horn, trk6/toms

Seq1… trk7/audio piano riff, tr8/audio snare roll
Seq2… trk7/audio piano riff, tr8/audio snare roll
Seq3… trk7/audio piano riff, tr8/audio snare roll
Seq4… trk7/audio piano riff, tr8/audio snare roll
Seq5… trk7/audio piano riff, tr8/audio snare roll

By Dtour Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:12 am
Obviously I have a ton of homework to do. This is my first experience with anything of this type and I may have bitten off more than I can chew.
I did buy The Bible the other week, so lots of reading ahead I think.