MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mpcxuser112 Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:23 am
I have a question. I had this mpc x for awhile and I’m trying to sell it.
Can anyone tell me if this is peeling or is it just a protective plastic which can be removed.
I’m scared to pull it and I searched high and low and no one is talking about it.

I’m sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. It’s been awhile since I been in this one.

https://m.imgur.com/a/i1J7J8C
By BeatWilson Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:10 am
there is a protective plastic all over the unit, so I'm assuming that would be it.
By 40Beatz Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:00 pm
Mine actually looks better without the Protective Layer. It'll probably add dollars to your price if you remove them
By Mpcxuser112 Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:34 am
Thx for the replies. I got word from a good source that it’s ok to remove it.
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:34 pm
I would rather buy the used unit with the protective layer still on it.
By Komatos Records Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:27 pm
@saltmcgualt: right, me too. That's why I kept mine on my X. That way, fingerprints, etc. don't mark it up. On my first X (that was sent back within the year warranty due to defects causing stability issues), I removed the plastic covering the Q-Link displays and the main 10" touchscreen. On my replacement X, everything is still intact.
By Komatos Records Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:19 pm
Update: I guess I misremembered. Just used my MPC X today to finally update it to 2.11.4. I had pulled off all the extra protective plastic other than on the main screen after I did full stability tests when I got the replacement a couple of years ago.