MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:47 am
I noticed in Ben Jordan's recent video that he said a new blank/empty project on an MPC Key starts with 4 Fabric XL plugin instances pre-loaded. Can any MPC Key owners confirm this?

A 'standard' empty project on all other MPCs loads nothing other than a 'drum' program (Program 001), so track 1, sequence 1 will be assigned this drum program and will be a 'DRUM' track type.

Is this not the case with the MPC Key? Is there really 4 Fabric XL instances in an empty project? What is the default track type for sequence 1, track 1 - is it set to plugin instead of drum?

Also, does a 'program 001' drum program even exist?

Basically this will change the way I deal with the first tutorial in the MPC Bible, as it assumes a new empty project is going to just contain and default to a blank 'drum' program!
By Lampdog Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:24 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I noticed in Ben Jordan's recent video that he said a new blank/empty project on an MPC Key starts with 4 Fabric XL plugin instances pre-loaded. Can any MPC Key owners confirm this?

This is true and I change or delete all 4 every time.

As for the other questions, I’m about to head to work and when I come home I’ll light up the machine and answer the rest.
By Lampdog Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 pm
In the main view I didn't want to enter into a drum mode and create a drum program by accident so I went right into this without having to move around in the main view. It shows exactly what’s created when clicking EMPTY PROJECT.

By Lampdog Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:18 pm
In the main view I didn't want to create any other type of program by accident so I went right into this without having to move around in the main view. It shows exactly what’s created when clicking EMPTY PROJECT.

By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:46 am
Sorry, but confused by the last two posts, the instructions are identical, but in one you get 4 plugins, the other you get a single drum program.

So if you select ‘menu > project > new > empty project’ (not a template), which one do you get? What circumstance gets you the version with 4 plugins compared to the version with a single drum program?
By Lampdog Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:00 pm
The instructions are the same because I did exactly the same thing on both machines but got different results.

Before hand I went into preferences and did a hardware reset on both machines.
After that I posted my results. They are just diff when creating an empty project, idk why.
I have all the same plugins on both machines, but, Keys61 chooses to pre-load plugins to tracks.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 pm
Yeah, I don’t know why they did that. Possibly to push the fact the plugins are there.