MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPD MPK RAY Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:53 am
Monotremata wrote:
joegrant413 wrote:Really hoping the rumors are true.

I have no reservation in saying the Minimoog Model D app on iOS is killer and holds its own compared to any analog VST for great tone.

Yeah except, that's an actual Moog plugin. That's not what you will be getting on the MPC IF this thing is even real.

:roll: Stop it already. :WTF:

LAST TIME I'm posting this in here..... What part of these photos(I took from the video) looked like Deepfakes? :?
By NearTao Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:03 pm
It'd make sense for Akai to get an analog synth in there, and the branding "Mini D" along with the knobs is close enough to evoke "Moog" without saying it directly. My guess is it probably is real... a bummer if it shouldn't have been leaked, but with the way social media works these days there's always room for the soft leak to keep people talking about stuff...
By joegrant413 Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:38 pm
Yep, I also highly recommend the Moog Model 15 and Animoog Z apps on iOS.

I don't recommend all things on iOS. I have tons of apps over the years, and what I'm hearing on MPC is at least as good as most of the iOS apps.

Plus, I'm trying to KISS and not bother with anything outside of the MPC for now unless something is really all that compelling. And the Moog apps are.
By fmq75 Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:54 am
If this emu (if real) is on a similar level like their odyssey plug than it‘s nothing it will make me sleepless.I have a Karp Ody and the mpc plug doesn‘t even play remotely close in the same ballpark.I‘m more impressed from Hype or even Tube synth.

Of course,the difference would be“free“ vs paid plugin.This could (and should) show differences in the emulation quality
By MPD MPK RAY Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:07 am
fmq75 wrote:If this emu (if real) is on a similar level like their odyssey plug than it‘s nothing it will make me sleepless.I have a Karp Ody and the mpc plug doesn‘t even play remotely close in the same ballpark.I‘m more impressed from Hype or even Tube synth.

Of course,the difference would be“free“ vs paid plugin.This could (and should) show differences in the emulation quality

Comparing my baby; the MPC X, Arp Odyssey pluggin to the actual COMPANY licensed to ship new ones. :o
Well why you're at it tell us how close your Korg Arp buddy got to be a flagship MPC.
:lol:

That Moog sounded good to me and IT IS REAL(please be real lol) :smoker:

Lets GO InMusic! :worthy:

Drop tha MOTHERSHIP keyboard :!:

Oh yeah.....

That MPC Arp did well on my beat!

36:23 8)
By fmq75 Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:31 am
MPD MPK RAY wrote:
fmq75 wrote:If this emu (if real) is on a similar level like their odyssey plug than it‘s nothing it will make me sleepless.I have a Karp Ody and the mpc plug doesn‘t even play remotely close in the same ballpark.I‘m more impressed from Hype or even Tube synth.

Comparing my baby; the MPC X, Arp Odyssey pluggin to the actual COMPANY licensed to ship new ones. :o
Well why you're at it tell us how close your Korg Arp buddy got to be a flagship MPC.
:lol:

That Moog sounded good to me and IT IS REAL(please be real lol) :smoker:

Lets GO InMusic! :worthy:

Drop tha MOTHERSHIP keyboard :!:

Oh yeah.....

That MPC Arp did well on my beat!

36:23 8)

Not sure what you are trying to tell me but the Karp Odyssey (i‘m talking about the hardware) is not only very close to the original (which is confirmed by countless people/reviews as well) but also not only licensed (they had David Friend from Arp on board).It simply sounds fantastic and while the mpc arp plugin is able to deliver some ok basics, it sounds static,lifeless and just not good (imo) if it gets more complex.But it was free,so i‘m not complaining.But if they take $$$ for the moog (i say“yes“) it should be better then.In my opinion at least.

But i‘m bored to death from another mini clone anyway,who cares…
By MPD MPK RAY Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:15 pm
Oh it was free? Well I'm sure Akai Arp or Karp it all gets love in the SSL mix. Maybe the new Akai efx?

Maybe you are just making boring music?

WE(Funkadelics) are rejoicing an actual Mini Moogish pluggin in the standalone MPC X

I hope they port the Moog Model D IOS right in my X for free if you purchased the bundle :smoker:
By Neodymium Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:00 am
My guess is that this will come out after Black Friday, will be the same price as the OPx4, about 6 weeks later go on a special like the OPx4 was on last week. Then later be bundled with the OPx4 as BYGOF.

I don't need this, I have a bass station 2, but I think it's a good addition. It means along with the OPx4 and the other internal synths that the unit is more self contained. Line that get written on the internal synths may hold up soundwise, or just be placeholders for when I plug in the hardware synths. Plus augment the hardware synths for little fill moments.

Not seeing much to complain about here.
By MPD MPK RAY Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:16 am
I'm going to need your input when this thing gets activated. I would get a bass station 2 but 25 keys and no semi-weighted Fatar is a no go for me. The IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro Keys 37-key Analog Synthesizer dropped to $499.99 and is now a better buy since the bass station 2 is $499.99.

But what I really want is 49 keys to help Scaler 2 IOS control the X; like NI does Output libraries, so I'm looking to get my Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 back.

And Kontakt may be called upon.

Standalone portable melodic synths? I'm eyeballing the Argon 8
By Neodymium Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:46 am
The bass station and Uno sound like different synths to me. The Bass station being more like a Sub37 as a hands on fat monosynth. The Uno seems more capable of a range of sounds, but from demos, not the same classic bass sounding bass a lead sounds. You wouldn't get any of the pads and textures the UNO is capable of, from the bass station. So if the MINi in the akai, has some authenticism to it, the bass station maybe superfluous.

If you are thinking about the argon, I'd be tempted more Argon 8x if you were after fatar keys, with 61 of them. Then chill on those sounds before committing to another synth. I have the hydrasynth explorer, so covers my wavetable hardware needs otherwse teh argon would have been tempting. I kind of regret going for the explorer, the polyaftertouch won me over. But in hindsight I'd rather have the more compact rack with a better front panel layout and input choices. I'm partly drawn to the Cobalt 8x as a main keyboard and VA synth, but luckily my GAS has chilled.

Payday is today, so I have an order for the Novation launch pad X (and a strat) now that have velocity pads, that I need to submit. Funnily one of the reason I want to get that is to set up a big Scaler map.
By MPD MPK RAY Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:52 pm
Lol at you building a scaler 2 box to mirror that modulation area! :P
I had the 37 key IK Multimedia keys 2 pro and the Arturia keystep 37 but scaler chords best locking the 25 key area then you can improvise on the rest….. you excel with 49 :nod:

What happened to Alesis iO Dock InMusic?

I need a PORTABLE 49 key version of Scaler 2 with Fatar keys, Moog bass and the joystick from Kronos….

I think im blessed to have the KKS49 Mk2 option.

Maybe pair it with:

but alas no MOOG iPad editor like cobalt/argon :WTF:

BUT Midi Quest iPad is there!...... :hmmm:

What you think about the MOOG MINITAUR?
By Neodymium Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:04 pm
MPD MPK RAY wrote:
What you think about the MOOG MINITAUR?

It looks tasty. From demo and reviews it seems solid at phat analogue bass. I've gas'd over it, before and come through the other side.
By TT_Lab Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:14 pm
TheBass Station, albeit of no being a moog, is a very fat and rich synth, very capable, I got one. I got to listen to the Uno once and seemed to me a bit plasticky. But you for sure should take a listen to them if you have the oportunity.
The minitaur was in my list but I finally decided for the BS2 because of the digital control, the capacity to store patches is a plus for me. The sound of the moog filter is the cream thou!
By Lampdog Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:02 am
TT_Lab wrote:…digital control, the capacity to store patches is a plus for me.

Modern moog + what you said tempted me into buying a subsequent-37.
By TT_Lab Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:13 am
Moogs are legends, but I think in the present day they are way overpriced. Althou I drool over them when they get new ones to the market.