MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SuperKonquer Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:03 am
If its a decent halfway emulation, they'll have my money. Ive been holding myself back from buying a moog or the a clone. For some reason I think the vid is fake though. He has a moog sitting right next to it. And he could've created custom skins and loaded them right in the MPC.
By Lampdog Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:42 pm
I wanna say it’s real, but, unsure.
The Subsequent-25 on the side can easily make that funk bass yes.
When he slid his finger across the keys it has a distinct physical sound, mine
sounds exactly same way. Maybe he was controlling the plugin with the
Moog, maybe he was actually playing the Moog, idk.
By MPD MPK RAY Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:51 pm
If THAT is real then I might change my mind on getting the IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro Keys 37-key(Analog). I need a portable 3 octave Fatar keybed with aftertouch and I was gonna pair it with MOOG Minitaur(If needed). So the Idea was to pull up with just the MPC X and a keyboard off the airplane flight.

Bu-bu-bu-but what is that!?

Might have to get a MPC ONE just for processing power :P
By kday Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:11 am
It's obviously real. Just somebody broke NDA rules and leaked the BETA version. Just because Akai introduces new features doesn't mean they forgot about fixing bugs. I'm sure Akai is always trying to fix bugs they can reproduce, just as they're trying to introduce new features and improve the platform.
By Certified Beatz Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:04 am
Well that nice I guess nothing I need but it's good to see they are still developing new tools. Now that being said shouldn't they have audio over usb so u can have more then 8 outs.. who want to buy another interface..
By renegadebliss Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:20 am
SuperKonquer wrote:If its a decent halfway emulation, they'll have my money. Ive been holding myself back from buying a moog or the a clone. For some reason I think the vid is fake though. He has a moog sitting right next to it. And he could've created custom skins and loaded them right in the MPC.

I think if he was faking it, he wouldn't have shown the moog hardware

more money for Akai means that they can pay developers, which is only way that bug fixes will happen.

Looks like they have found a way to get additional money from the ecosystem while still being able to provide OS updates for free. You don't need a Moog, then you still get the OS.... if you do, then you is available as an option.
By kja Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:37 pm
I wish they would add a master key mixer like in the opz.. all the framework is already there and it is a game changer.
By Lampdog Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:44 pm
A master mixer would be great, w/ tabs or button that changes over to program mixer, pad mixer, efx mixer, send, return, etc. All in one place instead of skipping all over the place.
By Certified Beatz Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:54 pm
Well if they add the mixer then fix the scrolling in the software for the MPC X it skips order.. 1,3,5,7 when changing tracks or selecting sounds..

I don't use the software often so it doesn't really bother me ..
By Straker Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:10 pm
So what's up?
A new Moog emulation is coming to MPC?
Not bad.
Is Akai really building an ecosystem with plugins to buy?
Not bad at all.
They just have to lower prices though.
With a good market of good plugins at the price of around 50$ it would work greatly.
With current prices and the economy problems everywhere, I don't think it's a great idea.
Still waiting for a decent price on Opx4.
By Lampdog Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:04 pm
Straker wrote:With a good market of good plugins at the price of around 50$ it would work greatly.

They'd make lots of sales if they did this.

Straker wrote:Still waiting for a decent price on Opx4.

Your gonna fall in love with that thing.
By tailor Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:39 pm
Straker wrote:So what's up?
A new Moog emulation is coming to MPC?
Not bad.
Is Akai really building an ecosystem with plugins to buy?
Not bad at all.
They just have to lower prices though.
With a good market of good plugins at the price of around 50$ it would work greatly.
With current prices and the economy problems everywhere, I don't think it's a great idea.
Still waiting for a decent price on Opx4.

Same here,waiting for an affordable price for this one, I’m fine paying the devs but the current prices on the plugins are way to high.