MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Komatos Records Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:42 pm
Sounds interesting if real. My doubt stems from the version number. I can see 2.11.5 following the current 2.11.4, but having 9 iterations of 2.11.5 before the version he’s showing with that new plugin. I dunno. And like others have said, drop the price to affordable levels. Way too expensive currently.
By wavejockey Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:02 am
i'd prefer to pay the dev's directly to fix/target one or two issues instead

go-fund-me, something
By LivePsy Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:36 pm
wavejockey wrote:i'd prefer to pay the dev's directly to fix/target one or two issues instead

go-fund-me, something

Updates which don't bring in sales are low priority now.
By mrmarbury Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:06 am
Komatos Records wrote:Sounds interesting if real. My doubt stems from the version number. I can see 2.11.5 following the current 2.11.4, but having 9 iterations of 2.11.5 before the version he’s showing with that new plugin.

I guess this is some "internal" versioning for their process of development and the final version will more likely be something like 2.11.6? I hope ... not to mention that in semantic versioning there are only three numbers <major>.<minor>.<patchlevel> so I don't really know what Akai is attempting with the fourth number or how their versioning works in reality. A bugfix should be a patch level increase while a new feature adding to the current functionality would be a minor version. Thinking about this adds to the sloppy ways Akai is developing software imho. Whatever. Waiting for the OP-x to drop in price....
By Certified Beatz Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:12 am
mrmarbury wrote:
Komatos Records wrote:Sounds interesting if real. My doubt stems from the version number. I can see 2.11.5 following the current 2.11.4, but having 9 iterations of 2.11.5 before the version he’s showing with that new plugin.

I guess this is some "internal" versioning for their process of development and the final version will more likely be something like 2.11.6? I hope ... not to mention that in semantic versioning there are only three numbers <major>.<minor>.<patchlevel> so I don't really know what Akai is attempting with the fourth number or how their versioning works in reality. A bugfix should be a patch level increase while a new feature adding to the current functionality would be a minor version. Thinking about this adds to the sloppy ways Akai is developing software imho. Whatever. Waiting for the OP-x to drop in price....

If true could just be a skin controlling his moog..
By MPD MPK RAY Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 am
Certified Beatz wrote:
mrmarbury wrote:I guess this is some "internal" versioning for their process of development and the final version will more likely be something like 2.11.6? I hope ... not to mention that in semantic versioning there are only three numbers <major>.<minor>.<patchlevel> so I don't really know what Akai is attempting with the fourth number or how their versioning works in reality. A bugfix should be a patch level increase while a new feature adding to the current functionality would be a minor version. Thinking about this adds to the sloppy ways Akai is developing software imho. Whatever. Waiting for the OP-x to drop in price....

If true could just be a skin controlling his moog..

:roll:
Nah look at the main screen. It's REAL and I'm gonna LOOSE it like Bernie Worrell (Jr) when I place it next to ALL the other standalone MPC X plugins!
:worthy: :smoker: :nod: 8)
#jersey
#birthofthemothershipconnection
#pfunk
#dabomb
#morezapptime :shock:
By Paddle Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 am
"" Poly "" :o
on the last picture on the right and "" Unisson Mode ""
I hope he can play four notes or more but even though he play only four notes, that's change all (with three osscillators) :)

maybe 199 euros / dollars :nod: :lol:
By MPD MPK RAY Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:46 am
Three Oscillators and a Noise button(Sound Generator) = 4 notes :P

Yeah that Unison looks good.

I don't care about the price as long as it sounds at least better than the iPad version. Throw money at Inmusic maybe they pay the developers to fix the bugs and drop the (portable) MPC Key 37 :worthy: (Even thought I need my NI Komplete Kontrol S49 back for PLAYBOX or just a MPC Key 49 with new PLAYBOX-like features/patches) STANDALONE GANG SALUTE 8)

Now that I look closer I see the Mod wheel ON THE SCREEN!

Could the MPC X screen allow the Model D the XY pad tech from the Minimoog Voyager? :shock:
By Lampdog Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:22 am
MPD MPK RAY wrote:STANDALONE GANG SALUTE

By Paddle Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:39 am
Hi, Normally unison it's the stacking of many voices not of oscillators, and polyphony with oscillators séparate it's paraphony, i hope it's a truly polyphony mode :wink:
By Ultros Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 am
What a primitive piece of trash addition. I wouldn't buy the analog model why the heck would I want the soft synth! :lol:
By MPD MPK RAY Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:46 am
You just mad they didn't put your favorite throat drones in there! :P

THIS who I look up to NOT ya goofy meat flutists 8)

Dr Dre made the CHRONIC off that MOOG sound...... What you ever do? :lol:

Keep em comin Akai!
:worthy:

Oh yeah....... #jersey
By Lampdog Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 am
Bernie was a serious BEAST on the keys.