MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By brutzero Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:48 am
Komatos Records wrote:My question to help potential buyers from the US (or other countries) buying from the UK (or other countries) and having it shipped to their country: how does the power supply situation work out. In the US you receive the power brick with the 3 prong grounded outlet. If you were to buy a UK or other country MPC and have it shipped here, do you need to order a separate power supply or step down/up transformer? The US uses 110/120 Volt, the UK uses 220/240 Volt, right? If you have to get a separate power supply to match your country's power output requirements, that's an extra item to factor into the total cost. Still much cheaper than what new MPC X units are selling for in the US ($2200-$2300).

I did not think of this. Thank you! I'll need an adapter for sure. Still pretty hyped on the deal I got. Should be here by Friday.
By Lampdog Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:48 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:MPC has a regular 100-240V laptop power supply, you just need a simple cheap adapter or IEC 320-C5 cable with EU connector.

I should have looked. Brain “thought” it went into fix it mode. Brain is trippin.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:34 am
Btw if you do decide to return the mpc to andertons you will be liable to pay that 20% vat and potentially other import duties unless it’s properly declared to uk customs as returned goods and all importing paperwork completed in advance by andertons, big hassle, so make sure you follow their return guidance to the letter.
By brutzero Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:58 am
Update:
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is!

I had to pay DHL import duties before they could deliver the MPCX. That came out to $396 usd, so I really got the X for just under $1800. Still a pretty good deal, I suppose, but I'll definitely take a loss on it if and when the MPCXL comes out.

Either way, I'm excited to get back in the saddle.
By NearTao Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:48 pm
Tarifs/VAT/Import fees can hurt... had something similar when I found a great deal on an Access Virus TI Darkstar... only to shell out about the same amount... making me think I should have searched a bit more local. Great synth though, and you've got an awesome MPC X to make beats with!
By dghrael Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:28 pm
brutzero wrote:Thanks for all the thoughts y'all!

So...... I pulled the trigger on the X for a crazy deal. Shipped from uk for 1,215 pounds which translates to $1400 US dollars

Brand new from Andertons

It's listed for 1499 uk pounds. When added to cart and paypal, it dropped to 1165,83 for some reason. I of course had to pay shipping to US. There are 3 left in stock if anybody is looking for a great deal.

For $1400, I don't see me taking much of a loss when the new one drops.

Thanks for your info on the MPC X and purchasing from the UK. I had literally just purchased the MPC X 3 weeks ago in the US for the full $2299 +tax. But I see you purchased one from Andertons for roughly $1400 USD. Can you tell me how long it took for your MPC X to actually arrive to you in the US? Also, when you say $1400 USD, does that include any customs charges and/or state taxes? Lastly, have you come across any challenges with things like registering the product within Akai’s website? I know sometimes (at least in the past and with other companies) the product Serial numbers were tied to specific countries, which potentially led to issues when registering the product or obtaining warranty service. Just curious if you had any issue registering the product. That is a whopping difference in price and luckily I have one more week left in which can return mine back to the original store for a full refund. The more I think about it, I think I’m going to return mine and order one from Andertons for the savings. Especially given the he fact that more than likely there will be a new MPC hitting the market within the next year or so. So although I had already purchased it probably wasnt not the best idea right now for me to pay $2299 for it when I can get it for roughly $1500.

Thanks
By EnochLight Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:38 pm
dghrael wrote:Thanks for your info on the MPC X and purchasing from the UK. I had literally just purchased the MPC X 3 weeks ago in the US for the full $2299 +tax. But I see you purchased one from Andertons for roughly $1400 USD. Can you tell me how long it took for your MPC X to actually arrive to you in the US? Also, when you say $1400 USD, does that include any customs charges and/or state taxes?

Did you not read a few posts up? It was just under $1800 USD after import taxes. Still $500 USD cheaper than any big box retailer in the US...