MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:30 pm
brutzero wrote:For $1400, I don't see me taking much of a loss when the new one drops.

:worthy:

Congrats - $1400 USD (shipped) on a brand new X is actually pretty phenomenal! Sweetwater still sells them for $2300 USD and they're on back order! Taking into consideration the Live II is still $1300 USD new, you got a freak'n X new for only $100 USD more... Just.. WOW. :worthy:

I don't know how you got it so cheap new, because Andertons has the X listed at £1,399.00, which is $1604 USD - and that's without international shipping.
By brutzero Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:39 pm
EnochLight wrote:
brutzero wrote:For $1400, I don't see me taking much of a loss when the new one drops.

:worthy:

Congrats - $1400 USD (shipped) on a brand new X is actually pretty phenomenal! Sweetwater still sells them for $2300 USD and they're on back order! Taking into consideration the Live II is still $1300 USD new, you got a freak'n X new for only $100 USD more... Just.. WOW. :worthy:

I don't know how you got it so cheap new, because Andertons has the X listed at £1,399.00, which is $1604 USD - and that's without international shipping.

That's the crazy part. when I added it to my cart and then went to paypal, the price automatically dropped! Glitch in their system? I don't know, but I'm certainly not complaining. Why are they so much cheaper in the UK and Europe than in the US?

Thomann in Germany has them listed at 1379 Euro, but In music won't let them ship to the states.
By EnochLight Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:08 pm
brutzero wrote:That's the crazy part. when I added it to my cart and then went to paypal, the price automatically dropped! Glitch in their system? I don't know, but I'm certainly not complaining. Why are they so much cheaper in the UK and Europe than in the US?

Thomann in Germany has them listed at 1379 Euro, but In music won't let them ship to the states.

Wow - I just did a trial run and it's coming in even cheaper on my end! Only £1,212.82, which is $1,391.40 USD. :worthy: The only risk is that there is no warranty honored through Andertons for International purchases, so you're on your own if you get a bum unit or develope an otherwise warranty covered issue. Hopefully it'll be fine, though.

By mrmarbury Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:36 pm
brutzero wrote:What are your current workflow gripes with the MPC X?

I have to admit that I come from Ableton initially and wanted the Force back then. But the device was looking like an overpriced gimmick at that time. So I got the MPC X and learned to love it. it's quick, it's hands-on and it surprises me really often in new and great ways. But the way arrangements work is just something I cannot get used to. Especially when you (like me) have loads of variations of certain tracks. It's possible and I have different ways of arranging and keeping loads of variations. But compared to the clip workflow of the Force it's (for me ... your mileage may vary) extremely slow and the constant screen changes and sequence-hopping makes it very tedious for me. Even after 2.5 years and churning out a track ever 1-2 weeks and jamming on it almost daily I did not get really used to especially the way arrangements work. So I really hope they finally bring a (for me) working linear arranger similar to the Force. And I am sure they will do as soon as I sold my X and got the Force :lol:
Other than that the X is a true centerpiece and I don't want to miss the MPC way of working ... except for the arranger.
By brutzero Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:22 pm
mrmarbury wrote:
brutzero wrote:What are your current workflow gripes with the MPC X?

I have to admit that I come from Ableton initially and wanted the Force back then. But the device was looking like an overpriced gimmick at that time. So I got the MPC X and learned to love it. it's quick, it's hands-on and it surprises me really often in new and great ways. But the way arrangements work is just something I cannot get used to. Especially when you (like me) have loads of variations of certain tracks. It's possible and I have different ways of arranging and keeping loads of variations. But compared to the clip workflow of the Force it's (for me ... your mileage may vary) extremely slow and the constant screen changes and sequence-hopping makes it very tedious for me. Even after 2.5 years and churning out a track ever 1-2 weeks and jamming on it almost daily I did not get really used to especially the way arrangements work. So I really hope they finally bring a (for me) working linear arranger similar to the Force. And I am sure they will do as soon as I sold my X and got the Force :lol:
Other than that the X is a true centerpiece and I don't want to miss the MPC way of working ... except for the arranger.

Heard that. I appreciate you explaining. My plan is to lay everything down in the mpc, make different sequeunces, etc. After that, I will commit to audio, export to Ableton and arrange there. Hopefully that workflow works for me.
By Straker Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 pm
I have the feeling X will be upgraded soon, it's 5 years old and doesn't stand its price in my opinion.
So it would make sense to wait a bit but it's true with Akai you never know anything.
I would get a used Live mk1 to begin, you can find it for a good price and it is 100% compatible with X and I find it very nice to use, it's well organized.
Then if a new X comes out, you can just resell your Live mk1, remove the internal HD and put it on the new X without losing anything.
By Rcmusic35 Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:42 pm
Your mpc-X price from andertons is Ex-VAT. On their site your see the price with vat included. When shipping outside uk, VAT is excluded. IMO
By Jawbrizza Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:42 pm
brutzero wrote:That's the crazy part. when I added it to my cart and then went to paypal, the price automatically dropped! Glitch in their system? I don't know, but I'm certainly not complaining. Why are they so much cheaper in the UK and Europe than in the US?

oh yeah I suppose there’s that to take into account. I’m from the UK. You can get a used X in great condition for £700-£800 without much trouble at all. I’ve seen them go for £650 :hmmm: not sure why but I was pissed when I tried to sell cause I bought new.
By kaydigi Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:34 pm
Jawbrizza wrote:

oh yeah I suppose there’s that to take into account. I’m from the UK. You can get a used X in great condition for £700-£800 without much trouble at all. I’ve seen them go for £650 :hmmm: not sure why but I was pissed when I tried to sell cause I bought new.

That’s nuts, I’d buy one today if I found it at that price in the US.
By Komatos Records Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:45 pm
My question to help potential buyers from the US (or other countries) buying from the UK (or other countries) and having it shipped to their country: how does the power supply situation work out. In the US you receive the power brick with the 3 prong grounded outlet. If you were to buy a UK or other country MPC and have it shipped here, do you need to order a separate power supply or step down/up transformer? The US uses 110/120 Volt, the UK uses 220/240 Volt, right? If you have to get a separate power supply to match your country's power output requirements, that's an extra item to factor into the total cost. Still much cheaper than what new MPC X units are selling for in the US ($2200-$2300).
By Lampdog Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:02 pm

By NewAkaiUser Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:32 pm
MPC has a regular 100-240V laptop power supply, you just need a simple cheap adapter or IEC 320-C5 cable with EU connector.