MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ANTIKLVN Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:39 pm
Hello.
I have MPC X and been using for few years. Mostly when i'm high :smoker:
I have noticed that when I'm stoned and making beats the conductivity of knobs is weaker than when I'm sober.
Does anyone have had same feeling about this? I know it sound crazy but this is something that occurs every time so I've could keep it on eye.

I'm thinking could this kind of aluminum knobs or something similar fix my issue? I think that the conductivity of aluminium is far better than the original knobs.

https://www.mpcstuff.com/billet-silver- ... -maschine/
By DeaDeus Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:27 pm
ANTIKLVN wrote:Hello.
I have noticed that when I'm stoned and making beats the conductivity of knobs is weaker than when I'm sober.
Does anyone have had same feeling about this? I know it sound crazy but this is something that occurs every time so I've could keep it on eye.

I'm thinking could this kind of aluminum knobs or something similar fix my issue? I think that the conductivity of aluminium is far better than the original knobs.

Dry skin - your skin seems to react - get something what makes your hands get sweaty - Lysergic Acid Diethylamide might give the right skin moisture..... :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by DeaDeus on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DeaDeus Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:30 pm

Now honestly: I had this on a couple of knobs - the conductivity between knob and potentiometer was to gappy - thin aluminium foil did the job.
By ANTIKLVN Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:19 pm
DeaDeus wrote:
Now honestly: I had this on a couple of knobs - the conductivity between knob and potentiometer was to gappy - thin aluminium foil did the job.

Thanks for the advise. I'll try it and report my experiences when tried. Good tip btw..
By ANTIKLVN Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:21 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Next time try turning the knob with your feets and let us know if it conducts the same :smoker:

I think my feet are not sharp enough for the job, haven't got even pedal for my sampler..
By ANTIKLVN Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 am
TT_Lab wrote:I have consistent feedback from the QLinks because Im hi all the time... :lol:

Nice :lol: But really, have you experienced the same problem?
By ANTIKLVN Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:03 pm
Lampdog wrote::lol:

This is not a topic for laughter :lol:

Serious business. I paid big money to get this "studio centerpiece" and it f*cks with me when I'm in creative state of mind. Normally I can expect gear to work like they should an how described on manual and information from manufacturer. Of course software is what it is (better now than when I got my device, and for my purposes it is working well) but the knobs are not like rest of the machine.
By DeaDeus Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:34 pm
"studio centerpiece"
AKAI, or better inMusic, can call it whatever they want....
By ANTIKLVN Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:45 am
DeaDeus wrote:Now honestly: I had this on a couple of knobs - the conductivity between knob and potentiometer was to gappy - thin aluminium foil did the job.

Thank you. I put some foil to gaps an my mpc woks nice. Better now. Your advice helped a lot. It is funny that my x worked well when I was not high but when stoned..it was a pice of..well not shit but it felt like a toy.

I still think it would be worth to get new knobs? Aluminium maybe? MPC is my main workstation with Cubase (recording and mixing) and I would like it to work flawless. I know it's not perfect but still great tool!
By Visconte Cobram Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:24 am

the stuff you use is too dank, fingahz be coated with resin..