MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By alenloop Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:53 am
Hi,

After watching a few Youtube tutorials like this one
and searching on forums, I still can't find out why I am not able to activate new plugins on my new MPC ONE. I followed the instructions so first connected the MPC ONE to an Ethernet network, then logged in into my account and download the plugins. The problem is that I don't see that "activate" button that the previous video I mentioned shows. I also tried downloading the plugins on my computer and installed them on the MPC from a hard drive but it's not working either. Any ideas of what am I doing wrong?

This is what I see on screen. I also tried to enter the MPC ONE serial number here but it's not working (I registered the product on my InMusic profile).

Thanks in advance.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:25 pm
Did you install the "Synth Content" to your connected USB drive / SD card?

Did you try a preferences reset?

Are you using the latest firmware?

Some plugins became available on certain firmware versions and wont show up if your using an earlier firmware version.

https://support.akaipro.com/en/support/ ... th-content
By DJ_GodsOwn Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:47 pm
When you bought the new plugins, did you use the same email address you're logged into that "Activate Plugins" page on the MPC with? For example, I used the Plugin Content Manager to load the plugins onto my SD Card that I have in the MPC One. The default ones and the ones I think were given for free in 2.10. Those plugins are on the card, but for the new new plugins, I used a different email address when I purchased them, so it made me create a new InMusic account for that email address. When I log into the "Activate Plugins" screen, I used the account I bought Fabric and Strings on and voila, I have ALL my plugins that I got for free (on the card) and the new new ones (from the Inmusic account used/created when purchasing on the site) that I purchased.
By alenloop Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 am
Lampdog wrote:Did you install the "Synth Content" to your connected USB drive / SD card?

Did you try a preferences reset?

Are you using the latest firmware?

Some plugins became available on certain firmware versions and wont show up if your using an earlier firmware version.

https://support.akaipro.com/en/support/ ... th-content

Thanks for your help. I finally was able to at least load the new Synths plugins on the MPC ONE following the instructions on the link you provided. But I can only use those plugins when the SD card is connected.

I tried a preference reset and I am using the last firmware update 2.11 but still don't see an option to download the plugins on the Activate Plugins section. Weird...

This is what I see on screen: https://ibb.co/Gpnx1KS
By alenloop Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:04 pm
Lampdog wrote:Did you install the "Synth Content" to your connected USB drive / SD card?

I forgot to mention that even though I downloaded the standalone installation folders from the MPC Synth Content Manager, I am not allowed to install those files anywhere other than my Mac OS hard drive :-/
By alenloop Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:05 pm
DJ_GodsOwn wrote:When you bought the new plugins, did you use the same email address you're logged into that "Activate Plugins" page on the MPC with? For example, I used the Plugin Content Manager to load the plugins onto my SD Card that I have in the MPC One. The default ones and the ones I think were given for free in 2.10. Those plugins are on the card, but for the new new plugins, I used a different email address when I purchased them, so it made me create a new InMusic account for that email address. When I log into the "Activate Plugins" screen, I used the account I bought Fabric and Strings on and voila, I have ALL my plugins that I got for free (on the card) and the new new ones (from the Inmusic account used/created when purchasing on the site) that I purchased.

Yes, same email address...
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:23 pm
alenloop wrote:Thanks for your help. I finally was able to at least load the new Synths plugins on the MPC ONE following the instructions on the link you provided. But I can only use those plugins when the SD card is connected.

The additional synth content must reside of a connected disk, so what you see if correct. Leave the disk in your MPC and you'll always have access to the synth plugins (same goes for any third party expansions, they are stored on a connected disk, not installed internally).
By syhr Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:01 pm
I'm having the same issue. Bought the OPx-4 and can activate it for desktop use via the software, but in standalone I'm not given the option to activate.

MPC One is connected to wifi via my laptop and i;m logged in, but weirdly the 'log out' and 'enter serial' buttons on the 'activate plugins' page are greyed out so I can't log out and in again to see if it changes anything.
By Straker Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:33 pm
I just surrendered and asked my money back.
There were problems connected to the fact that Akai sells those plugins through another company Fastspring.
Fastspring registered my payment but not Akai and so I couldn't recieve any serial and couldn't activate plugins.
Then I sent a ticket to Akai and they replied that it's not their business (!) and I had to contact Fastspring but Fastspring asks me a Fastspring ID that I cannot have because I didn't receive any mail nor any ID.
And so I was stuck.
And so I asked my money back and bye bye Akai, bye bye Fastspring until they learn what it means to work as professionals.
By Mrelzo22 Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:09 am
"I'm having the same issue. Bought the OPx-4 and can activate it for desktop use via the software, but in standalone I'm not given the option to activate.

MPC One is connected to wifi via my laptop and i;m logged in, but weirdly the 'log out' and 'enter serial' buttons on the 'activate plugins' page are greyed out so I can't log out and in again to see if it changes anything."

Im having the same issue as the above statement. can't get MPC one pro to link with inmusic app on my Mac, the" log out " option is greyed out so I can't log out and back in again to see if this fixes it. what is the solution here??
By RandomVibration Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:50 pm
Tethering a MPC One via a computer’s internet connection has been sketchy at best from my personal experience. It has worked for me on the MPC One and hasn’t worked for me too. What has worked for me consistently is moving the MPC to an Ethernet port or using a USB C to Ethernet adapter and an android mobile phone. I’d do either of those before sharing a computer’s internet connection via the Ethernet port.
By Zae Zur Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:14 am
Akai released some sloppy systems for all of this, kind of a joke. But, we must also take into account that a decade ago we had to purchase a good operating system from someone in japan not affiliated with akai so they are making improvements but really should stay out of th plugin game, this is a headache constantly
By B-Wise Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:48 pm
Zae Zur wrote:Akai released some sloppy systems for all of this, kind of a joke. But, we must also take into account that a decade ago we had to purchase a good operating system from someone in japan not affiliated with akai so they are making improvements but really should stay out of th plugin game, this is a headache constantly

JJ is still updating his OS. The dedicated is unmatched. Akai lost an amazing employee. :mrgreen: