MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By enzyme Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 pm
Ok so... I don't know if this is actually an issue or not. Lately, I've noticed that sometimes, when saving a project, the MPC decides to resave 1 or 2 samples that have 100% already been saved. If I've saved a few times in a day, you can see in the progress bar that literally just the project is being saved, then later it will randomly decide to save for example, a couple of samples from a key group program (but not all), or a one shot I have on a drum track.

Knowing me, its possible I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. Occasionally, I accidentally brush a Q-Link but I'm pretty sure the values don't change immediately if that happens. Can't think of any other reason why it would be happening.

So I suppose the question is, am I somehow altering the programs? (potentially messing them up)
By Monotremata Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:50 pm
I bought my MPC Live almost 3 years ago, came with OS 2.4 installed, its done that since day 1 and still does it once in awhile. No explanation for it, but I assume the MPC knows what its doing (well I used to anyways haha).