MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By nickrosa Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:42 pm
Hi All,
I noticed my MPC One with the latest firmware hangs for at least 10 seconds if I send multiple commands at the same time from my Novation Launch Control XL that I use as midi mixer controller for my tracks.

This is so incredibly annoying and I was wondering if anybody of you also found this issue.

Below I posted a Dropbox link to a video that shows what happens on my unit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/snwy22xkboa7x ... 7%2017.mov

this is my midi configuration in Input
https://www.dropbox.com/s/as5p8zsagyqu3 ... 3%2016.jpg

And this is in Output
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkz1syjlcw2ug ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick
By fastgraph Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 pm
Fat chance it’s a loop cause that’s a lot of devices allowed to send midi to tracks, probably going out to all of them too. Are you sending the cc’s from the LCXL only and only to the MPC? If that’s the case you can disable track in the LCXL input config and keep control on. Disable control and track for the LCXL outputs. Also disable the control and track for the other devices if the MPC doesn’t need to receive from them. Disable the output control for every device if you don’t send cc’s to devices from your MPC.

My MPCs screen sometimes freezes for a sec when sending a lot of cc’s from my LCXL but other than that it works perfectly.
By SakisX Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:36 pm
Before checking every connection for a possible midi feedback loop , it will save you much time connecting Novation Launch Control XL to a PC and check with MidiOX the transmitted messages in case it's hardware issue (I've seen broken midi controllers transmitting garbage)
By fastgraph Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:18 pm
It seems the LCXL causes this only when moving the first 2 faders. When I move faders 3 to 8 simultaneously there’s a fraction of a second freeze of the MPC screen. I’ve tried my other LCXL and the same thing happens.
SakisX was right the LCXL sends garbage but I guess it’s by design.
By SakisX Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm
fastgraph wrote:It seems the LCXL causes this only when moving the first 2 faders. When I move faders 3 to 8 simultaneously there’s a fraction of a second freeze of the MPC screen. I’ve tried my other LCXL and the same thing happens.
SakisX was right the LCXL sends garbage but I guess it’s by design.

If you are lucky , you might have a faulty usb-cable , 2/2 units defective seems impossible
Definitely not by design , else other users on desktop would have similar problems when moving multiple faders

PS. You did connect it to a PC/Mac and checked the midi messages ?
By SakisX Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:50 pm
fastgraph wrote:I’ll check the cable tomorrow but no weird messages captured with midi monitor on my Mac.

So it works fine .
Unplug all cables for your MPC and check only LCXL , it should work :)
If it does , plug one-by-one the rest of the gear to see where feedback happens (disable any unneeded midi input or output in settings and check if any device has "thru" enabled)
By fastgraph Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:55 pm
It seems like a bug in the MPC, please confirm if you can.

I’ve tried a different (korg) controller with the same result.

Then made two dummy controller mappings in the MPC and created two new ones for my LCXL faders 1 and 2 and have no screen freezes anymore when moving them simultaneously.

Problem solved.
By SakisX Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:38 pm
fastgraph wrote:Nope, new cable directly connected from LCXL to MPC does exactly the same.
Also tried with different cc’s configured on the first two faders but get the same result.

@nickrosa have you done more testing maybe?

The glitch happens with nothing else connected to MPC?
Did you check that output from from MPC to LCXL is disabled ?
Hope it works
By nickrosa Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:13 pm
Hey guys sorry for the radio silence, I moved home in the meantime. The problem persists with any possible permutation and all the advice you gave above. Is highly disappointing especially for what is supposed to be the center of all your music production, hope Akai will solve this soon. Is there any way we can raise awareness of this problem collectively?

P.S. Before you get too excited I have just downloaded the new firmware update 2.11.6 and aside from a virtual instrument of the Mini Moog, and the new Air Flavour Pro plugin (paid for ones both of them) no fix has been made to the Midi problem... Very disappointed.