MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Stevie Boi 69 Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:22 am
Hi all!

I am attempting to export tracks from my MPC Live II onto my computer DAW (Logic Pro X) for further editing and mixing.
I'm using the following method to do this on the MPC:

Save > Audio Mixdown > Explode Tracks > Export (to external disk)

This method converts the tracks on the current selected sequence (only) to WAV files. I then drag and drop into Logic.

Pretty simple... but

My two issues with this are:

1/ For some Projects I can have up to almost 30 sequences. To do this 30 times and then have to align all the sequences in Logic Pro takes way too long. Also, the WAV files now contain two extra bars of silence at the end which I have to trim. This also takes too long.

2/ The drums are exporting all as one WAV. ie Kick, Snare, Hats are all now on the same WAV file making it impossible to mix or edit them separately.

Does anyone have any suggestions to solve either of these issues. I'm open to any ideas including changing the way I work in future. I find the MPC great for making 4 or 8 bar loops, but for making entire songs / pieces it can be tedious, hence why I'm wanting to export to a DAW.
Am I missing something? What can I do better / differently.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Have a great day!
By Kwontize Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:53 am
go to the drum track thats got all the drums combined. click the pencil tool. choose explode. this creates seperate tracks for kick, snare, claps etc... then when you go to export and choose explode tracks you will get a seperate wav file for kick, snare etc etc...