MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Straker Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:53 pm
bitermc wrote:A week, I guess...

Already purchased and I'm gratefully surprised with the EPs. The Wurlitzers are beautiful and expressive.

For that price, it's a steal.

Yep.
It's a very good deal. I said those plugins should be not more then 50$, now that's 33$ each.
I am waiting for Opx4 but that's very tempting.
By bitermc Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:46 pm
Yes, I think $50 is a fair price too. Maybe 100 for Fabric since it's a bigger one.

Still, I don't get the point of Fabric including a piano and EP when there are other two dedicated plugins that do exactly the same... Maybe I would pay $50 for a shortened version of Fabric without these two if Akai allowed it.
By kja Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:57 pm
You probably would need to actually use them and get to know them to understand the point.. but the point is that the stage series are better more cpu intensive models.
By Neodymium Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:16 pm
I didn't expect to be tempted by this. I have a Reface CP, and a couple of electric piano VSTs and Piano, so I don't really need the sounds. Never been much of and organ guy, but the EP keys including the Pianet is tempting, and the pianos sound pretty good too, so $99 seems a good price. I thinking I culd save on the system by making my own loops from the VSTs than loading the stacks of multisamples. I'm sure this offer wll come around again though, or something like it. And waiting to see what happens for Black Friday before making any decisions seems sensible. If the OP4X goes on special before Black Friday, I think I'll be ignoring my own advise, and will pounce on that. OUt of everything just released that seems a must have for me. And seeing these offer come around, it seems just a matter if time. TBH I can squeeze the $150 right now, but I have enough things to work through before adding another plate to the table.
By Straker Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:38 pm
One question:
since I cannot use my Mpc until next week, do you think is it possible to buy the plugins now from smartphone or computer and then install them later even when the offer is finished?
By Straker Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:21 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Straker wrote:One question:
since I cannot use my Mpc until next week, do you think is it possible to buy the plugins now from smartphone or computer and then install them later even when the offer is finished?

Can't see why not, you are just buying a serial.

Ok perfect.
So I buy the offer, they send me a serial and then I can authorize plugins and download the contents anytime I want with the serials?
By bitermc Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:51 pm
Actually, they don't even provide a serial. The instruments appear as downloadable when you login to your account on Akai's site, and also when you connect your MPC to the Internet.
By Lampdog Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:05 pm
bitermc wrote:Actually, they don't even provide a serial. The instruments appear as downloadable when you login to your account on Akai's site, and also when you connect your MPC to the Internet.

Yep, no serial.

Registered product serial numbers is tied to all plugins. Your account. Register your device people!
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:44 pm
How do they link it to your account in the first place without a serial? Akai’s checkout is through a third party and no login offered (last I looked).

It’s different if you have an mpc key as the synths are included and hence the serials are effectively already activated the moment you register the hardware
By Lampdog Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:11 am
When I registered my MPC Keys on my account I was presented with (MY BAD), serial numbers I then used to placed the paid plugins into my MPC X.

I looked again. Sorry for the confusion.

I’m tripping. Crazy cause I detailed this before with some people. I’m way wrong here.