MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bitermc Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:08 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:How do they link it to your account in the first place without a serial? Akai’s checkout is through a third party and no login offered (last I looked).

It’s different if you have an mpc key as the synths are included and hence the serials are effectively already activated the moment you register the hardware

OK, yes, you are right. There's a serial, it's shown when you login to https://profile.inmusicbrands.com/custo ... strations/

The thing is, once you connect your MPC to the Internet and login to your account, you don't have to enter the serial anywhere. The plugins you paid for appear as active and downloadable, while the the other ones appear as available for the 10 day demo.

Maybe the serial is needed if you install the plugins via USB, haven't tried that...
By Lampdog Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:46 pm
That is what tripped me up. :(

My plugins were authorized via wifi.
I was remembering that part, not entering into mpc x, but, I DO see serials onscreen pc account.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:09 pm
BTW, MPCSAVE10 code is working for extra 10% discount

When you check out there's no log in, and they don't ask for your inmusic account email address, so there's no way they are selling these without giving you serials at the end of the checkout process. Otherwise there is no way to link the purchase to your MPC. I believe you can enter the serial either in the 'activate plugins' screen in standalone, or enter it within your inmusic account.
By bitermc Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:BTW, MPCSAVE10 code is working for extra 10% discount

Ouch, too late for me :WTF:

MPC-Tutor wrote:When you check out there's no log in, and they don't ask for your inmusic account email address, so there's no way they are selling these without giving you serials at the end of the checkout process. Otherwise there is no way to link the purchase to your MPC. I believe you can enter the serial either in the 'activate plugins' screen in standalone, or enter it within your inmusic account.

You are prompted for your email address on check out. It must be the same address that you have registered at inmusic.
By Straker Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:BTW, MPCSAVE10 code is working for extra 10% discount

When you check out there's no log in, and they don't ask for your inmusic account email address, so there's no way they are selling these without giving you serials at the end of the checkout process. Otherwise there is no way to link the purchase to your MPC. I believe you can enter the serial either in the 'activate plugins' screen in standalone, or enter it within your inmusic account.

On the youtube tutorial I watched, the man connected Mpc Live to wifi, entered preferences and activated the plugins with serial.
But he didn't say where he got the serials, I guess he bought plugins from Akaipro site and received them on its account.
So the problem is that I don't have Mpc with me until next week and I would like to buy the 99$ offer before it expires but I can just use a computer (without any Mpc software) or a smartphone.
By Straker Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:23 pm
bitermc wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:How do they link it to your account in the first place without a serial? Akai’s checkout is through a third party and no login offered (last I looked).

It’s different if you have an mpc key as the synths are included and hence the serials are effectively already activated the moment you register the hardware

OK, yes, you are right. There's a serial, it's shown when you login to https://profile.inmusicbrands.com/custo ... strations/

The thing is, once you connect your MPC to the Internet and login to your account, you don't have to enter the serial anywhere. The plugins you paid for appear as active and downloadable, while the the other ones appear as available for the 10 day demo.

Maybe the serial is needed if you install the plugins via USB, haven't tried that...

Ok so as I understood, you buy the plugins using the same email of your Inmusic account and once you connect the Mpc to your Inmusic account, the plugins you purchased are ready to be activated on preferences and also you can download their content.
I hope it's like it that, because I just bought the offer and all went fine but I will activate them next week when the offer should be expired.
At the moment, nothing appears on my Inmusic account from smartphone.
By Straker Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:01 pm
PITA pt2.
Akai Inmusic just replied to my ticket (after 3 days, not bad) but they say that my mail doesn't appear on their order so I have to contact fastspring, the company that makes the transactions for them.
So now another ticket to Fastspring, hopefully 3 more days for a reply.
It seems that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand makes, when it comes to those plugins offerings.
And now I wanted to buy also Opx4 at 79€.
Do you think I will try to do it?
Thanks Akai for that.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:25 pm
Fastspring, I used them for a while, eventually support started taking several days to respond to any issues (and that was just the initial response, further communication on an issue meant it could take weeks to resolve). And there were a lot of issues that needed resolving! This was peak covid, so maybe they are on top of it now.

But if there's a missing payment that's something that Akai will not be able to even see as it won't even make it to the vendor admin page, it's quite restricted so it's not Akai's fault (other than them choosing to use Fastspring in the first place, which in itself is a really odd choice considering the volume (I assume) they will be doing). Fastspring is really just for small 'mom & pop' size digital product stores.
By Straker Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:00 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Fastspring, I used them for a while, eventually support started taking several days to respond to any issues (and that was just the initial response, further communication on an issue meant it could take weeks to resolve). And there were a lot of issues that needed resolving! This was peak covid, so maybe they are on top of it now.

But if there's a missing payment that's something that Akai will not be able to even see as it won't even make it to the vendor admin page, it's quite restricted so it's not Akai's fault (other than them choosing to use Fastspring in the first place, which in itself is a really odd choice considering the volume (I assume) they will be doing). Fastspring is really just for small 'mom & pop' size digital product stores.

It's not a missing payment.
The payment is registered to Akai pro Amsterdam as it appears on my credit card account.
So Fastspring made the payment to Akai with my money.
Akai just replied it's not their business, there is nothing registered to them with my mail so I have to contact Fastspring.
Fastspring is asking me to write the fastspring transaction ID to send the ticket but since I didn't receive any mail, I don't have any Fastspring ID.
So I cannot send the ticket.
So I think I just call my bank and try to delete all and then send an email to both Inmusic and Fastspring to congratulate for the beautiful service.
And forget about Key bundle and Opx4.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:45 pm
Straker wrote:It's not a missing payment.
The payment is registered to Akai pro Amsterdam as it appears on my credit card account.

From the perspective of Akai, it is a missing payment because it will not show up at all when they log into the Fastspring admin.

Normally when a payment gets authorized it is linked to the original order and updates that order from 'incomplete' to 'paid', which instigates the dispatch routines (serials, emails, vendor royalty payment etc). However every so often the order remained as 'incomplete', but the customer was fully charged. In these cases, only Fastspring gets the money, the vendor (Akai) get nothing until someone chases it up and manages to link the payment back to the original order.

Basically the relationship with Fastspring is not a close one, it's all automated and there's no phone support, even Akai will have to just submit a ticket and wait.

However whenever it happened to one of my customers, I chased up Fastspring on their behalf, there's no way I would expect the customer to contact Fastspring.

anyway, good luck, my experience was often that they would just completely cancel the order and refund so the customer would have to try again. At that point I would just ask the customer to pay us direct via paypal. We dropped Fastspring some time ago now!
By Straker Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:02 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Straker wrote:It's not a missing payment.

From the perspective of Akai, it is a missing payment because it will not show up at all when they log into the Fastspring admin.

Normally when a payment gets authorized it is linked to the original order and updates that order from 'incomplete' to 'paid', which instigates the dispatch routines (serials, emails, vendor royalty payment etc). However every so often the order remained as 'incomplete', but the customer was fully charged. In these cases, only Fastspring gets the money, the vendor (Akai) get nothing until someone chases it up and manages to link the payment back to the original order.

Basically the relationship with Fastspring is not a close one, it's all automated and there's no phone support, even Akai will have to just submit a ticket and wait.

However whenever it happened to one of my customers, I chased up Fastspring on their behalf, there's no way I would expect the customer to contact Fastspring.

anyway, good luck, my experience was often that they would just completely cancel the order and refund so the customer would have to try again. At that point I would just ask the customer to pay us direct via paypal. We dropped Fastspring some time ago now!

Yep.
I understand the issue but I also understand that since it's not my fault and since Akai just replied with "it's not our business, YOU have to solve that" for something I buyed to Akai, you know, I just ask my money back and say "Good luck" you assholes, have a great time.