MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cole45 Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:54 pm
This has probably been covered already, but I can not find an entry regarding this when using the search option:

Does anyone have an easy way to save one or a multiple samples from the sampler or editor menu? It looks like I will have to add them to a program firtst.

On my previous MPC’s I used to sample a bunch of records, edit them or not, hit ‘save samples’.. a convenient and easy way to build your own sound library.

I watched a youtube vid once, referring to an older firmware version.. 2.11, should be sorted, right?
By Lampdog Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:35 pm
1. Load/sample into ram, main menu, program area, pencil icon:
SAVE CURRENT PROGRAM
or
SAVE CURRENT SAMPLE.

2. Load/sample into ram, main menu hit top upper arrow, edit, place SAVE on far left side (slide out menu), you can use this slide out menu in any mode. I put SAVE icon in there so I ALWAYS have access to SAVE no matter what mode I’m in.

When in SAMPLE EDIT mode the slide out SAVE menu will show SAMPLE in there as an option.

Maybe you didn’t know this is configurable now. It answers your question.

Most videos create more questions then they answer.
By Elijah Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:19 am
Keep the recorded samples and place them in the sample pool. When you save the project, the sample files are stored in the project folder. (xxx_[ProjectData]).
By cole45 Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:03 pm
Lampdog wrote:
2. Load/sample into ram, main menu hit top upper arrow, edit, place SAVE on far left side (slide out menu), you can use this slide out menu in any mode. I put SAVE icon in there so I ALWAYS have access to SAVE no matter what mode I’m in.

When in SAMPLE EDIT mode the slide out SAVE menu will show SAMPLE in there as an option.

This is GOLD! Thanks Lampdog, this makes sampling all the more fun.

And yep, most videos cause questions :). And, regarding MPC causing questions.. confusing that dedicated (shift) SAVE button one MPC X and SAVE icon on touch screen refer to a different SAVE option.
By cole45 Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 pm
Elijah wrote:Keep the recorded samples and place them in the sample pool. When you save the project, the sample files are stored in the project folder. (xxx_[ProjectData]).

Cool, didn’t know this.. seems like the option with least distraction from actually sampling and enjoying the records that pass through my hands. Fairly easy to organize the samples once in a while when connecting my MPC to my laptop.

Thanks!!
By Lampdog Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:11 pm
cole45 wrote:………dedicated (shift) SAVE button one MPC X and SAVE icon on touch screen refer to a different SAVE option.

shift+save on X saves directly to current project when it was loaded. If new project then X will ask where to save.

Many diff ways to the same thing, it doesn’t bother me.
What bothers me is NO 16 q-links. I REALLY enjoy using them.