MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Straker Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:30 pm
So I bought the keys bundle offer.
I payed with credit card, transaction went fine, I put my mail but...
Nothing happens.
I didn't receive any serial on email or Akaipro account.
I tried connecting Mpc to wifi, login to inmusic account, sync MpC account to smartphone inmusic account and...
Nothing happens.
Wifi connected, accounts sync.
On activation page, all plugins just show a trial option.
There is a bar where I have to put serial, the only serial I have is the Mpc serial (no plugins ones) so I tried writing that but it says "wrong serial".
So now I am just stuck on the situation.
What the hell am I doing wrong?
By bitermc Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:56 pm
That's weird. I just paid and almost immediately downloaded the plugins directly to my one...

Which firmware version are you running?
By Straker Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:00 pm
bitermc wrote:That's weird. I just paid and almost immediately downloaded the plugins directly to my one...

Which firmware version are you running?

How did you pay and how did you download the plugins?
After I payed, I thought I had to receive some serial but it didn't happen.
Then I tried the activation from Mpc preferences (after syncing to my Inmusic account) but it just shows trial option.
So how did you activate exactly?
(PS I am on last firmware, 2.11.4)
By 0011 Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:59 pm
This is what I did...

After you bought the bundle, connect your mpc with ethernet cable.
Go to the plugin tab in preferences.
When logged in I could see my registration was activated and I could download the Fabrik bundle.
Select which drive you want to download it to.
As far as I know the license is linked to your inmusic account and you don't get an email with a code or license.

Hope it helps.
By Straker Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:55 pm
0011 wrote:This is what I did...

After you bought the bundle, connect your mpc with ethernet cable.
Go to the plugin tab in preferences.
When logged in I could see my registration was activated and I could download the Fabrik bundle.
Select which drive you want to download it to.
As far as I know the license is linked to your inmusic account and you don't get an email with a code or license.

Hope it helps.

Yes, that was exactly what I was expecting.
My registration is just not activated, as I did the same as you but nothing appears as I connect Mpc to wifi and sync with inmusic account.
And also it doesn't appear anywhere on inmusic account.
I wait until tomorrow and if nothing happens I try to contact Akai.
BTW did you receive anything on your email to confirm purchase from Akai?
I didn't receive anything anywhere but in my credit card account the transaction is registered.
By Lampdog Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:27 am
Did you download the synth content, put it on sd, usb, hdd?
Did you point to your downloaded synth content in the activate plugins area?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:38 am
Akai's store actually sends you over to a reseller called Fastspring, you are actually purchasing from Fastspring, not Akai. During checkout they are asking for an email address, this is primarily for Fastspring's own use so they can send you a receipt and copies of download links. Akai may also set up a web hook to use that email to generate some server side goodies at their end.

I've previously used Fastspring on my own site, I know how the system works. After purchase, Fastspring will send you a receipt and copies of your download links or serial numbers via email. It's also possible to set up the 'thank you' page to display download links and serials. Your bank statement will show a payment to fastspring (probably something like 'akai_fastspring' or similar), and your invoice will be from fastspring, not Akai.

So basically, IMO you should be getting some serials instantly via email and potentially on screen. You should also have, at a minimum, an email receipt.

Notice that at no point are you asked to log in to your inmusic account. Nor are you specifically asked for your inmusic account email, just 'your email'. This could be any email, I have dozens of emails, and one very specific for my inmusic account, so I'm not going to use that unless specifically asked for it.

Either way, with no actual password login, this seems a very hacky way to register the products to a specific account stored on a separate web site. It's more usual to just supply serials, leaving you to go away and log in to the relevant site and activate the products with the serials at your leisure.

So it doesn't surprise me that you are having problems.
By Straker Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:21 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Akai's store actually sends you over to a reseller called Fastspring, you are actually purchasing from Fastspring, not Akai. During checkout they are asking for an email address, this is primarily for Fastspring's own use so they can send you a receipt and copies of download links. Akai may also set up a web hook to use that email to generate some server side goodies at their end.

I've previously used Fastspring on my own site, I know how the system works. After purchase, Fastspring will send you a receipt and copies of your download links or serial numbers via email. It's also possible to set up the 'thank you' page to display download links and serials. Your bank statement will show a payment to fastspring (probably something like 'akai_fastspring' or similar), and your invoice will be from fastspring, not Akai.

So basically, IMO you should be getting some serials instantly via email and potentially on screen. You should also have, at a minimum, an email receipt.

Notice that at no point are you asked to log in to your inmusic account. Nor are you specifically asked for your inmusic account email, just 'your email'. This could be any email, I have dozens of emails, and one very specific for my inmusic account, so I'm not going to use that unless specifically asked for it.

Either way, with no actual password login, this seems a very hacky way to register the products to a specific account stored on a separate web site. It's more usual to just supply serials, leaving you to go away and log in to the relevant site and activate the products with the serials at your leisure.

So it doesn't surprise me that you are having problems.

Yep the situation is: the transaction is done, I can see that the payment has been made in my bank account.
But as you said, I was waiting for an email both as a receipt and for serials.
At the moment, still no email and no serial and nothing that states that I purchased the bundle in Akaipro or Inmusic account.
So it's like I actually didn't buy anything except for bank account.
As I try with Mpc on wifi, I just see a trial option on activation.
So clearly something is not working right here.
I just sent a ticket through Inmusic account, let's see if I get some reply.
By 40Beatz Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:17 pm
I hope you didnt get Phished by a Fake Akai Site :cry:
By Straker Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:18 pm
40Beatz wrote:I hope you didnt get Phished by a Fake Akai Site :cry:

Well no, the payment is registered to Akai pro Amsterdam on my bank account.
(Why Amsterdam by the way?).
I think that, as Mpctutor said, the process is cumbersome and confusing as anything related to Akai, I would say.
Let's hope they reply soon to my ticket, otherwise I call my bank and delete the transaction.
By bitermc Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:26 pm
Out of curiosity... Where did you buy it from?

I bought mine from thempcstore.com and had zero problems. On my bank extract it says "Akai Pro" and not "Akai Amsterdam".

At this point, I would maybe cancel the payment and try again from a different vendor, or with the same but paying with paypal this time.
By Straker Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:03 pm
The vendor is the same, it's not Akai but a company that works for Akai online purchase.
So nothing would change.
I bought it from Italy.
By EnochLight Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:51 pm
And... just asking - are you sure you typed in the correct email address when you bought it?