MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jtpack Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:42 pm
Definitely buying it.
I also bought the Fabric and Keys plugins when they went on sale, but this is the one I’ve been waiting for.
By TT_Lab Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:49 pm
So Fabric + strigs etc + OB4 = 99+79+79=257<500<999 and we are not yet on the real price for this software.
By EnochLight Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Rank31 wrote:Just received an email from Akai. 79$ this week only.

OK, OPx-4 is absolutely worth $79 for a standalone FM-synth addition to MPC. It's by far my favorite plugin on MPC. Strongly recommend folks who are on the fence to grab this quick (unless you want to wait until Black Friday and gamble to see if it's lower).. :popcorn: :lol:
By bitermc Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:01 pm
I feel like I'm the only weirdo who doesn't give a f*CK about FM :mrgreen:

I'll wait for black Friday and see what happens
By Lampdog Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:30 pm
EnochLight wrote:OK, OPx-4 is absolutely worth $79 for a standalone FM-synth addition to MPC. It's by far my favorite plugin on MPC. Strongly recommend folks who are on the fence to grab this quick

1000%

bitermc wrote:I feel like I'm the only weirdo who doesn't give a f*CK about FM :mrgreen:

Less about FM and more about new sound design possibilities for me.
By LivePsy Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:36 pm
bitermc wrote:I feel like I'm the only weirdo who doesn't give a f*CK about FM :mrgreen:

I'll wait for black Friday and see what happens

Moog and FM, covers all the classic synth sounds. FM basses and FM pads are *chefs kiss*
By bitermc Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:52 am
Lampdog wrote:Less about FM and more about new sound design possibilities for me.

LivePsy wrote:Moog and FM, covers all the classic synth sounds. FM basses and FM pads are *chefs kiss*

Yeah, totally agree, the sound design possibilities are endless. Pretty much like with modulars.

The thing with FM -for me- is that almost everything ends up having a metalish 1980s sound characteristic to FM. I personally prefer a combination of subtractive synthesis and sampling for sculpting my sound... but, again, that's just me 8)