MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Clebio Vieira Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:00 am
Hello everyone.
I'd like to share with u, that the Ableton link doesn't sync Bars properly, only BPM between devices. I have last firmware in both.

Unfortunately (play/play start) doesn't sync with the next bar or even 1/4 time slice inside the bar. It is totally randomly. It gets me frustrate in live performance.
Is anybody here has the same problem or kindly could share a solution.
By SakisX Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:53 am
Ableton Link doesn't sync Bars (like MMC transport controls) , it's BPM by design
Also Link protocol didn't support global stat/stop sync at first , your hardware must have an updated version of Link
But one machine should definitely start on sync , try connecting with ethernet instead of WiFi and make sure you have disabled other midi sync options
By EnochLight Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:10 pm
Clebio Vieira wrote:Hello everyone.
I'd like to share with u, that the Ableton link doesn't sync Bars properly, only BPM between devices. I have last firmware in both.

Unfortunately (play/play start) doesn't sync with the next bar or even 1/4 time slice inside the bar. It is totally randomly. It gets me frustrate in live performance.
Is anybody here has the same problem or kindly could share a solution.

Like SakisX said, that's not how Ableton Link works. MPC (on the latest firmware) fully supports Ableton Link 3, which only syncs BPM and transport start/stop. That's it. However, both devices will need to fully support Link v3, so if your Denon Prime4 doesn't support Link 3, you're SOL.
By Clebio Vieira Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 pm
So guys. I solved that.
There are 3 options on Denon Prime 4.
Sync by: TEMPO, BEAT, BAR.

When I checked the menu, I realized that BEAT was selected. I changed it to BAR and dream comes true. :-D

Now, when I push Start on MPC, it waits for the next BAR on Denon Prime 4.
Now, everything works synchronized ,BPM & BAR

Thank you all for the answer.

I hope to help the community with this answer because, this subject it's not well covered.
:worthy:
By Ultros Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:57 pm
I was pretty effing bummed out to find out how ableton link works between the mpc / engine os... It's handy for producing beats cus i can sync my projects to the tempo of a track i want to sample but the manner in which it starts stops and syncs is F*CKED lol. I have to watch the strobe to hit the mark.
By pwnda Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:20 pm
A question for Clebio - When you have a tight loop (say 2 bar) are your kicks in sync is you put them on the 1,2,3,4?
Mine sound slightly out but I can't work out if it is a setting I am missing.

In other words - if I have a simple house or 4/4 beat and get a simple 2 bar loop on my prime controller one of them sounds slightly "off" even though they are tempo and bar synced..