MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Stevie Boi 69 Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:09 pm
Hi All!

I have an MPC Live II which is second hand.

I am trying to use the MPC with the MPC Software I've downloaded to my computer but need an Activation Code. I have no idea how to obtain one.

Despite emailing MPC/Akai for 9 months, they are yet to reply (other than the auto reply which says to expect to hear back - I never do).

I've emailed ilok who got straight back to me saying I'd need to contact Akai.

Does anyone know how I can obtain the activation code so that I can use the MPC software.

Many thanks in advance for your reply and have a great day!

Stevie
By kaydigi Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:40 pm
Yeah just register your mpc with the serial number on the bottom of your unit. It doesn’t matter if it’s Used or new. For the chance that you get a too many activations when you try to register it , then call Akai. They will reset it over the phone for you in a few minutes .
By Stevie Boi 69 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:50 am
kaydigi wrote:Yeah just register your mpc with the serial number on the bottom of your unit. It doesn’t matter if it’s Used or new. For the chance that you get a too many activations when you try to register it , then call Akai. They will reset it over the phone for you in a few minutes .

I did register it, so I will try to call them. I don't believe I could ever find a phone number when I looked in the past but there must be one there. Will try again.
Thank you
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 pm
The activation code should be there along with the registered MPC, you need to click on 'View Downloads' and on the right locate 'Software downloads' > MPC 2.11 Desktop Software. There should be a link 'Get MPC 2 Software serial' - click on this to generate your activation code on screen.
By Stevie Boi 69 Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:53 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The activation code should be there along with the registered MPC, you need to click on 'View Downloads' and on the right locate 'Software downloads' > MPC 2.11 Desktop Software. There should be a link 'Get MPC 2 Software serial' - click on this to generate your activation code on screen.

Thanks for your reply. But there is no link 'Get MPC 2 Software serial'. It doesn't exist.

When I click 'View Downloads' I get a list of software. I've downloaded and installed the software.
I can see that, as step 2 of the install process, it says "Click 'Get MPC 2 Serial'"

But nowhere is there a link that says 'Get MPC 2 Software Serial'.

I've contacted AKAI, Inmusic, iLok.

Ilok says to contact the manufacturer. Inmusic or Akai NEVER respond.

Where to from here?