MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Stevie Boi 69 Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:06 pm
Hi All!

I'm trying to solve an issue with exported files being a slightly different tempo, post export.
The project sample rates are correct. Also it has nothing to do with the 'audio tail'. The audio file itself is playing slightly slower yet at the same audio quality.

My MPC Live II project is at 88bpm.

To export as audio files I hit 'Save > Audio Mixdown > Explode Tracks (checked) > Export (to USB).
The Sample Rate is set to 44.1kHz
The Logic Pro Sample Rate is also set to 44.1kHz

When I open the files in Logic Pro, it's now slightly slower than 88bpm. In other words it takes more than 4 bars for a 4 bar loop to run through.

I ran an experiment where I hit play on the MPC and play on Logic Pro at the same time. Gradually, over 4 bars, the Logic Pro audio falls behind and becomes out of sync.

The sound quality is the same and it's not just the reverb tail of the sound carrying over the bar line. The last note of the loop is playing after beat one of the next 4 bar cycle despite having started exactly on beat 1 at the beginning of the loop. The tempo setting is correct at 88bpm.

I'm sure it's an easy fix for someone who knows.
Any tips?

Thanks in advance for your reply and have a great day.

Stevie
By hyena Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:04 am
my experience is that no two machines are perfectly synced if you put them to the same tempo. so, i suggest you maybe transfer your project to the mpc software and open it as a plugin inside logic pro, then bounce from there. i usually track stuff directly from the separate outputs of the mpc to ableton live audio tracks, using ableton link via wifi to sync the mpc with ableton.

or you can use logic elastic audio (or whatever it is called inside logic) to correct the tempo of your stems...
By Lampdog Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm
hyena wrote:my experience is that no two machines are perfectly synced if you put them to the same tempo.