MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By how_do_i_music_good Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:09 am
I have created a patch in Baseline, and i am trying to automate one of the knobs via qlink, but nothing is saving.

i have another program with a diff plugin that i was able to automate, earlier on in creating my track. So it was working at some point, but now i am at a loss.

I see the track is armed. Ive tried pressing play then turning on automation. I've turned on automation then pressed play. I've done the same with 'overdub'. no events are created in the List Events view. Any help would be appreciated.
By how_do_i_music_good Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:14 am
Felixku wrote:Hi,
Did you put Automation on write ???

Hello. yea i'm def turning it on because it changes from green to red.

Unfortunately, i did not save my patch and i accidentally scrolled to one of the presets. So i had started from scratch to try to get the same sound. Interestingly, when i started recording my notes in, i tried to do some of the automation, and it worked! So i undid that automation so i can automate what i really had wanted to do.

When i finished putting my notes in for 4 bars, in 'recording', the bars continue to increase as it records other sounds. So i had stopped the recording to hear what i did, and sure enough, the automation was not saved. I think there is a bug somewhere. This kinda sucks, surely automation would be one of the more stable features
By DeaDeus Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:34 pm
..can you find the "automation" in either the "piano roll" view or/and "List Edit"?
I am having lately an issue playing back some of the recorded "automation", by me rarely used, of MIDI data coming from my synth - no DAW.
By EnochLight Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:59 pm
how_do_i_music_good wrote:This kinda sucks, surely automation would be one of the more stable features

I mean, generally speaking - it is 100% stable usually. What firmware are you on? Do you have any MIDI controllers hooked up to your MPC? Are you in standalone mode? :hmmm: