MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:44 pm
Just installed it. Does anybody have a changeling?
By bitermc Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:56 pm
That was unexpected... Anything new or just bug fixes?
By mrmarbury Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:01 pm
in the Software it says just bugfixes and improvements. So I don't expect anything new.
By jamos Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:45 pm
Yeah, ditto. They should list precisely what bugs they fixed, precisely what performance enhancements they've made. I haven't downloaded any of the 2.11 updates and I'm not going to until I read something that tells me it works properly.
By Calcaire Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:49 pm
https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/M211PCVI/MPC%202.11%20Desktop%20Software%20and%20Firmware%20Update.pdf

They did make a complete relase notes for 2.11 ( this document is from june 22th)

but i'll be glad to find out what has been fixed .. in fact i like 2.11.4 a lot for the moment on my Live 1, just some unstability and midi note on bug make it sometimes hard
By Certified Beatz Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 am
If they point what they fix we would never update.. so I see why but idk.. I use my MPC in standalone so it doesn't really matter for software fixes..
By Lampdog Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:27 am
That pdf is back when they first released MPC Keys61 w/ 2.11.x.
(Keys61 was the start point of v 2.11 and required for the paid plugins.)

It doesn't have or show changes/fixes since then.
By Rank31 Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:19 am
From Elektronauts:

Improvements:

Certain Splice samples that would not load in previous releases will now load correctly
The Splice subfolders By BPM, By Instrument, By Key, and By Tag will now appear in the browser
Samples in all Splice subfolders can now be auditioned
Splice ‘All Your Samples’ subfolder will now be populated with all synced samples
Freeze can no longer occur when syncing Splice samples and performing certain actions
MPC X Data Dial no longer increments in values of 2 when using in controller mode with Windows
Text now displays correctly when running MPC in macOS 13 Ventura
Hype, Mellotron, Solina and Odyssey downloads now work correctly on the Activate Plugins page
Hype macro values have been corrected
OPx-4 FX slide-out menus no longer have empty slots
OPx-4 envelope loop options are now indexed correctly
Duplicating a plugin program will now retain edited values
Freeze no longer occurs when shutting down/quitting with a combo box open on the TUl
Next Sequence mode will now show sequence names on the MPC GUI pads
Download button no longer erroneously appears when using multiple drives in the Activate Plugins page
External drive selection is now retained in the Activate Plugins page if it is removed before shutdown
Arpeggiator no longer stops when changing plugin presets
MIDI Learn factory maps are now indexed correctly
By Monotremata Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:29 am
"Text now displays correctly when running MPC in macOS 13 Ventura"

Now that one Im really shocked about. It was a neat bug, the MPC software opened up with absolutely no text whatsoever in the GUI, anywhere. When both Big Sur and Monterey were RELEASED they were pretty slow about updating some things, now they've taken care of Ventura bugs before its out of beta? (And they still can't turn off pad perform? :smoker:)
By BKLYN Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:15 am
I haven't noticed any of these issues during the last update. would it even make sense for me to install the latest update?
By mrmarbury Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:36 am
BKLYN wrote:I haven't noticed any of these issues during the last update. would it even make sense for me to install the latest update?

Usually the IT Security Engineer in me would say yes. But here I would say it depends if some or all the fixes apply to parts of your workflow or if you want to risk certain things to happen.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:21 am
It's not like a phone update which normally cannot be rolled back. If you update and find new bugs that irk you, just roll back to your favourite firmware version.

mrmarbury wrote:
BKLYN wrote:I haven't noticed any of these issues during the last update. would it even make sense for me to install the latest update?

Usually the IT Security Engineer in me would say yes. But here I would say it depends if some or all the fixes apply to parts of your workflow or if you want to risk certain things to happen.