MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SirAdrianFish Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:58 pm
akaimpclive2 wrote:take it easy, a completely new soft will come in a moment along with a very refined DAW MPC3 and all the problems will disappear;)

Optimism at its best... :wink:
By Marcel P Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:00 pm
If it makes you feel any better. I also installed.. Instead of holding it off for few months as a precaution. I blindly installed it without knowing the pro and cons of this version of the update. In a worse case scenario. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version?
By Ultros Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:09 pm
This bug makes me laugh cus now all the unoriginal biters and preemo clones dont have a pot to piss in. Their sample source is gone lol. MY PRECIOUS MP3's whatever will I do with my *SAMPLER* now?! Endless synthesis, bazillion options and all the magic of the cosmos but if we cant rip off original works of art and mutate them into unoriginal works of art with ease its off with their heads!
By pspsounds Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:39 pm
I created many song previews in mp3 format. That’s the big challenge for me because I have no idea why my songs were named cranberry sauce or Cool Breeze. :shock:
By EnochLight Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:03 pm
Marcel P wrote:If it makes you feel any better. I also installed.. Instead of holding it off for few months as a precaution. I blindly installed it without knowing the pro and cons of this version of the update. In a worse case scenario. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version?

Of course there is. Read the first post here (links attached):

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=214645

pspsounds wrote:I created many song previews in mp3 format. That’s the big challenge for me because I have no idea why my songs were named cranberry sauce or Cool Breeze. :shock:

Akai are aware of the bug and a fix is incoming.
By Monotremata Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:22 pm
akaimpclive2 wrote:take it easy, a completely new soft will come in a moment along with a very refined DAW MPC3 and all the problems will disappear;)

You must be a very new Akai customer to have that mindset still.. :lol:
By Certified Beatz Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:16 am
EnochLight wrote:
Marcel P wrote:If it makes you feel any better. I also installed.. Instead of holding it off for few months as a precaution. I blindly installed it without knowing the pro and cons of this version of the update. In a worse case scenario. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version?

Of course there is. Read the first post here (links attached):

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=214645

pspsounds wrote:I created many song previews in mp3 format. That’s the big challenge for me because I have no idea why my songs were named cranberry sauce or Cool Breeze. :shock:

Akai are aware of the bug and a fix is incoming.

I was mad the time now I could careless .. funny they will give aways a plugin and we all will be happy..
By Straker Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Yep. In 2030 probably.
But before that, a bug fix in 2025 that will create more bugs to fix in 2027.
By mrmarbury Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:33 pm
40Beatz wrote:Quickstrike said it best years ago.... "When they Add New Features, They Break at least Three other things".

Must be that ominous "rule of three" they talk about in music ... always thought it's about arrangement and composition. Didn't know it 's about Akai and their Software really
By Telefunky Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:50 pm
It‘s the Microsoft paradigm since decades... a highly suckcessful one, btw :twisted: :mrgreen:
By Certified Beatz Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:06 am
Well u know it was a mistake if so they would have fixed it on Thursday..maybe a large beta push on those that still use mp3..

So what did it fix If that didn't break.. um absolutely nothing I'm sure qlink still are a issue in standalone and still do not have 16 stereo outs via USB or ethernet..
By MalcolmFromTheNorth Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:38 pm
Ultros wrote:This bug makes me laugh cus now all the unoriginal biters and preemo clones dont have a pot to piss in. Their sample source is gone lol. MY PRECIOUS MP3's whatever will I do with my *SAMPLER* now?! Endless synthesis, bazillion options and all the magic of the cosmos but if we cant rip off original works of art and mutate them into unoriginal works of art with ease its off with their heads!

This is an incredibly odd take. One point is lots of indie sample packs come in MP3 Format. Sure, you can easily convert them. That being said, why bother dropping support? That along with the history of the MPC in sampling in general. Gonna be honest, if you're buying an MPC for synthesis, there are much, much better standalone options for the price. I don't know many people who own an MPC and say "gotta check out these synth programs."

Its ok if you don't like Hip-Hop. But you don't need to disparage an entire way of creating music that predates it by decades.
By Certified Beatz Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:24 am
Hmm so maybe Wednesday they will release 2.11.8 lol I don't care what revision just fix something I rather see monthly bug fixes and improve the audio capabilities more than 8 analog outputs in standalone.. I don't like the software at all even as a plugin in my DAW..
By Monotremata Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:54 am
MalcolmFromTheNorth wrote:Gonna be honest, if you're buying an MPC for synthesis, there are much, much better standalone options for the price. I don't know many people who own an MPC and say "gotta check out these synth programs."

It shouldn't have any synths in it at all. That's what the MIDI outputs are for. I think its fairly obvious Akai trying to turn the MPC into a 'DAW in a box' was not something it was meant to be, and they were definitely not up to handling the task heh.
By Certified Beatz Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:25 am
Monotremata wrote:
MalcolmFromTheNorth wrote:Gonna be honest, if you're buying an MPC for synthesis, there are much, much better standalone options for the price. I don't know many people who own an MPC and say "gotta check out these synth programs."

It shouldn't have any synths in it at all. That's what the MIDI outputs are for. I think its fairly obvious Akai trying to turn the MPC into a 'DAW in a box' was not something it was meant to be, and they were definitely not up to handling the task heh.

Agree with you I keep pushing it but they should release there own audio interface which would be compatible with the mpc line that will be able do have more than 8 outputs analog.. if they want it a daw then give more outputs then just the one tascam mixer that works with our mpc and not just 44k