MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By armideonokawa Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:20 am
So I haven't updated my MPC since I bought it. I wanted to update to 2.11, however I am having two issues. First I plugged it up to my computer and the mpc updater is telling me to plug it in to continue. My second issue is I can not update it form the usb drive either. It is reading that there is the 2.11 firmware update but is telling me there is a problem with the update file. Has nayone had this issue before?
By EnochLight Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:47 pm
armideonokawa wrote:So I haven't updated my MPC since I bought it. I wanted to update to 2.11, however I am having two issues. First I plugged it up to my computer and the mpc updater is telling me to plug it in to continue. My second issue is I can not update it form the usb drive either. It is reading that there is the 2.11 firmware update but is telling me there is a problem with the update file. Has nayone had this issue before?

Sound like you may have a corrupt USB flash drive or corrupt firmware on said USB flash drive. Are you software ejecting the USB drive properly before removing it from your computer and MPC? Always make sure you do that, or you will corrupt the drive. Anyway:

1. Always update via the USB stick method for the most reliable results. 2. That said, do this: make sure your USB stick is formatted in NTFS or FAT32 and is not defective. 3. Re-download the latest firmware again (just be aware that there currently is an MP3 playback/import bug present), and re-copy it to the USB stick. Software eject the drive from your computer before removing it! 4. With your MPC One in Standalone mode and powered off, plug your USB stick into a port. 5. Power your MPC One on. 6. Open a blank Project. 7. Go to your Preferences, and attempt to update again.

Let us know if you have any luck!
By armideonokawa Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:27 pm
EnochLight wrote:
armideonokawa wrote:So I haven't updated my MPC since I bought it. I wanted to update to 2.11, however I am having two issues. First I plugged it up to my computer and the mpc updater is telling me to plug it in to continue. My second issue is I can not update it form the usb drive either. It is reading that there is the 2.11 firmware update but is telling me there is a problem with the update file. Has nayone had this issue before?

Sound like you may have a corrupt USB flash drive or corrupt firmware on said USB flash drive. Are you software ejecting the USB drive properly before removing it from your computer and MPC? Always make sure you do that, or you will corrupt the drive. Anyway:

1. Always update via the USB stick method for the most reliable results. 2. That said, do this: make sure your USB stick is formatted in NTFS or FAT32 and is not defective. 3. Re-download the latest firmware again (just be aware that there currently is an MP3 playback/import bug present), and re-copy it to the USB stick. Software eject the drive from your computer before removing it! 4. With your MPC One in Standalone mode and powered off, plug your USB stick into a port. 5. Power your MPC One on. 6. Open a blank Project. 7. Go to your Preferences, and attempt to update again.

Let us know if you have any luck!

It is formatted as just FAT. Im not sure if theres a difference but i will try to reformat it to FAT32 and try it again.
By EnochLight Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:39 pm
armideonokawa wrote:It is formatted as just FAT. Im not sure if theres a difference but i will try to reformat it to FAT32 and try it again.

From the manual: MPC supports read and write capability for exFAT, FAT32, NTFS, and EXT4 file systems as well as read-only capability for HFS+ file systems. If that stick was formatted in FAT (which I think is FAT16?), that very well may have been your issue. Good luck!

* Edit: strongly recommend NTFS or exFAT, as FAT32 has some pretty severe file size and partition limitations.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:00 pm
Yep, 16 is not supported.