MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

Who installed firmware 2.11.6?

61%
5%
31%
3%
By Lampdog Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:42 am
I did, 2.11.6, spent an hour w/ Mini D and Flavor Pro.
I like ‘em both, great additions to all the other stuff.
Didn’t go through and check bugs/fixed bugs, yall can do that, I just wanted to play around for a while, besides, I can always revert firmware if I want, might lose some functionality, or not, but, I CAN, if I want.
By bitermc Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:19 am
Installed right now, working fine for the moment. I was concerned it would break the expansion previews, but it didn't...
By Lampdog Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:40 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You still using the mpc key? Where does it install the new plugins? Factory drive?

Paid online on computer with same email address as my Akai account. Purchase complete.

On X, on the PLUGINS screen, I pointed to the ssd I installed underneath.

Pwr on X, WIFI on, navigate to the PREFS, PLUGINS menu, point to my ssd drive (underneath X), REFRESH, and both purchases showed up ready to download/install. They installed on the ssd automatically in the SYNTH folder right there with all other previous plugins/synths.

I’m imagining it will install on Keys61 the exact same way as I also have an ssd in the bottom of that too. I have a SYNTH folder on that as well ready for any future purchases. I can install on Keys61 tomorrow.
By Rialas Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:12 pm
I’ve had the X a week. Completely new to any mpc so a lot to learn.
Installed 2.11.6 and purchased mini D and flavor.
I’m also new here
This mpcx is a beast.
By NearTao Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:20 pm
On both the MPC and Force it appears you can only target installs to USB/SD/SSD drives, and not the internal drive, for this add on content.

Presumably you could copy it manually if you took the system apart and got access to the drive, or used CFW to ssh copy it over... but I'm assuming most people aren't going to bother with that step.
By EnochLight Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:51 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Has anyone got a hold of the release notes?

MP3 playback issues is fixed, that I can confirm.
By THA-REAPER Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:24 pm
Seems more stable to me. The freezing is gone, yeah mp3 works. They slipped in a couple of fixes but I think it was more to update the activation page for the new plugins.

I was about to try out the new plugs, but wow did not know the plugins only work for 2 machines. All the others didn't want to work unless I deactivate them elsewhere. I was a little annoyed at that. It says two "computers" but I guess it's what you consider a computer. I spent the 500 on the others, but idk if I'll buy the new ones. Got 3 MPC's with a desktop and laptop.
By Certified Beatz Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:30 pm
THA-REAPER wrote:Seems more stable to me. The freezing is gone, yeah mp3 works. They slipped in a couple of fixes but I think it was more to update the activation page for the new plugins.

I was about to try out the new plugs, but wow did not know the plugins only work for 2 machines. All the others didn't want to work unless I deactivate them elsewhere. I was a little annoyed at that. It says two "computers" but I guess it's what you consider a computer. I spent the 500 on the others, but idk if I'll buy the new ones. Got 3 MPC's with a desktop and laptop.

I have the X wonder if the qlink freezing was fixed.. also great to here they fixed the .mp3 preview..

Going to wait a bit foe the plugins just don't think I need more instruments that I'm not going to use right away...
By Certified Beatz Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:31 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:Has anyone got a hold of the release notes?

MP3 playback issues is fixed, that I can confirm.

Thank you might try this weekend to install..