MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

Who installed firmware 2.11.6?

61%
5%
31%
3%
By Lampdog Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:05 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:You still using the mpc key? Where does it install the new plugins? Factory drive?

Powered on Keys61. I last already had wifi on. Instantly asked to update 2.11.6, yes.

Did not reset prefs.

Looked at PLUGINS menu, AIR FLAVOR PRO and MINI D showed trial for half a second and immediately went to ACTIVATE.

Did that, downloaded, ALL GOOD.

It automatically installed into my SYNTHS folder on my ssd I installed underneath.

Never entered a serial, IT JUST WORKED and that’s how it’ supposed to be.

That’s all we want, for shit to work.

Basically, SAME process as on MPC X for me. Never had to enter a serial most likely because both machines were connected wifi and already reaching into my account.
By Bezo Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:50 am
Knowing the mp3 preview issue is fixed, I'll be installing today.
By FlemChandango Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:47 pm
I've updated from 2.10x to 2.11.6 and am now having more crashes but only in Controller mode with my One - anyone else noticing this? My next job is to test an alternative USB cable
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:24 pm
THA-REAPER wrote:Seems more stable to me. The freezing is gone, yeah mp3 works. They slipped in a couple of fixes but I think it was more to update the activation page for the new plugins.

I was about to try out the new plugs, but wow did not know the plugins only work for 2 machines. All the others didn't want to work unless I deactivate them elsewhere. I was a little annoyed at that. It says two "computers" but I guess it's what you consider a computer. I spent the 500 on the others, but idk if I'll buy the new ones. Got 3 MPC's with a desktop and laptop.

It should be '3 devices', any combination of standalone and computer running MPC Software. I haven't tested with only 3 computers, but I've definitely got it working with two computers and a standalone MPC. But to get them working on a 4th device, I had to 'deactivate' on one of the existing devices first.
By DaviNo Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:22 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm new here (and i've got my first MPC reently).
I'v e got one little question. I want to install 2.11.6 but on download section of akai website, there is only updater installer for Mac, and not for Win.
Does someone know where to find the 2.11.6 win installer ? :worthy:

Thanks (a lot) for your answer.
PS :I've tried ton contact support, and now, i've got a ticket, and still waiting. :Sigh:
By Delphinus Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:19 pm
Is there not a 2.11.6 USB update file yet? I'm not seeing it on the website.

I tried to update via WiFi and keep getting a server error.
By EnochLight Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:22 am
Delphinus wrote:Is there not a 2.11.6 USB update file yet? I'm not seeing it on the website.

Yes there is - it’s been in my account since Monday anyway. Click on the 2.11 link in your account - it points to 2.11.6….
By Ultros Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:01 am
not yet sadly. too exhausted from putting a roof on this place.. I am hoping tomorrow if I am no longer a cripple I can chair long enough to try it out.

By DaviNo Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:25 am
I find the 2.11.6,

I forgot i've to check akaipro.com connected with my acount. The 2.11.6 for win was in the download file in my MPC one registration.

An,d i've installed it, tried it, and I can say the MP3 issues are fixed ! Geat news.

See you...
By Delphinus Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:29 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Delphinus wrote:Is there not a 2.11.6 USB update file yet? I'm not seeing it on the website.

Yes there is - it’s been in my account since Monday anyway. Click on the 2.11 link in your account - it points to 2.11.6….

That worked! Thank you!
By EnochLight Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:49 pm
Delphinus wrote:That worked! Thank you!

No problem - enjoy!
By HanHuman Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:27 am
To my knowledge there's never any release notse except for major upgrades like 2.10.0 or 2.11.0 etc.
Nobody knows when things are supposed to be fixed except by trying themselves, which is pretty ridiculous.
By Crapost Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:02 pm
I upgraded my mpc one via ethernet today and can confirm Keygroup programs still require a whole lotta love. :Sigh:

We need to be able to assign midi controllers to all keygroup parameters! Why this isn't thing is crazy.

This will sell loads of mpcs. Trust me.
By jabberwalky Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:41 pm
Crapost wrote:We need to be able to assign midi controllers to all keygroup parameters! Why this isn't thing is crazy.

Agree. They give no love to keygroups anymore. A keygroup should be a single entity in most instances. You should be free to map midi/ or qlinks to any parameter as a whole. Still hasn't been addressed. Might never be at this rate.

The more likely scenario? The release a paid plugin that does what the sampler should have done day one.