MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

Who installed firmware 2.11.6?

61%
5%
31%
3%
By Monotremata Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:27 pm
jabberwalky wrote:
Crapost wrote:We need to be able to assign midi controllers to all keygroup parameters! Why this isn't thing is crazy.

Agree. They give no love to keygroups anymore. A keygroup should be a single entity in most instances. You should be free to map midi/ or qlinks to any parameter as a whole. Still hasn't been addressed. Might never be at this rate.

The more likely scenario? The release a paid plugin that does what the sampler should have done day one.

And you should be able to use a key group like before without the Pad Perform option enabled. I liked my velocity response showing up on my pads, I don't need it to tell me what **** notes I should be playing. I learned all my scales and intervals 30+ years ago, if want to play a minor or major scale, I can adjust what Im playing myself.

Still can't believe you can't even assign the filter cutoff to a mod wheel. BASIC SHIT here Akai.
By Bezo Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:18 pm
Monotremata wrote:And you should be able to use a key group like before without the Pad Perform option enabled. I liked my velocity response showing up on my pads, I don't need it to tell me what **** notes I should be playing. I learned all my scales and intervals 30+ years ago, if want to play a minor or major scale, I can adjust what Im playing myself...
!!!
By EnochLight Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:29 pm
ontherun wrote:I just did the update and now i get an error when i want to save to my SD card, i can create folders, but saving programms or projects gives me an error anythind i can do?

:hmmm: What does the error say?

Have you reset your system preferences? Saving Programs and Projects works fine for me here on 2.11.6 (MPC Live II, user-installed SSD).
By ontherun Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:46 pm
EnochLight wrote:
ontherun wrote:I just did the update and now i get an error when i want to save to my SD card, i can create folders, but saving programms or projects gives me an error anythind i can do?

:hmmm: What does the error say?

Have you reset your system preferences? Saving Programs and Projects works fine for me here on 2.11.6 (MPC Live II, user-installed SSD).

"Error saving MPC Project."

I did reset my prefs.
By EnochLight Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:54 pm
ontherun wrote:"Error saving MPC Project."

I did reset my prefs.

Which MPC are you on? Have you tried another attached storage medium to see if your SD Card is bunk? Finally, perhaps trying to re-install the 2.11.6 update again and see if that helps.
By EnochLight Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:14 pm
ontherun wrote:im on MPC one.

tried 3 cards and reinstalling the 2.11.6, no luck

Edit: i went back to 2.11.4 and it works again

What are all 3 cards file format? ExFAT or NTFS?
By EnochLight Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:29 pm
ontherun wrote:exFat, i did format them inside the MPC.
for the reflash i did download the file again.

As an experiment, maybe take one of your SD Cards and reformat on your computer, and then see if you can save stuff to it? And maybe try NTFS? If it's working on 2.11.4 but not 2.11.6, clearly something changed. Just wondering if it's an issue with ExFAT formatted on the MPC, or if formatting on a PC/Mac fixes it, or if switching to NTFS... etc. :hmmm:
By Linen Associate Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:08 pm
I installed 2.11.6 and updated the MPC software. I mainly use my Live II in controller mode on PC with the MPC program and have had no issues with how I normally use it.