MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Sir Snaxalot Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:43 pm
Hello all, longtime lurker. Was recently in the market to purchase another MPC Live II and noticed that there's a massive sale going on across retailers right now ($200 off).

So this got the ol' neurons buzzing a bit as to why a sale this massive across the MPC line up (X seems to be not included) would be taking place. Was thinking that perhaps with the global economy as it is right now and more future hurt looming, that they are maybe looking to capitalize on beating the Black Friday/holiday spending spree with folks having fewer dollars to spare this go round. Then I thought about how massive sales across an entire lineup like this are usually to clear inventory for new replacement products.

So I got to googlin' and found a vid from a gent that was posted 5 days ago on YouTube.

He mentions that a new MPC will be dropping in about two months, which coincidently is when the MPC sales end (Nov 1 - Dec 31).

So potentially new MPCs in Jan?

If so what specs and changes are we looking at here? Tbh I'm thinking it'll be something like an "MPC Live Plus" where it might have improved physical button layout for improved workflow and a much needed increase in RAM, since they seem to be going heavy with the paid instrument and effects front.

Gonna need to be able to run all of that stuff smoothly, and current hardware likely holds some of the software potential back. This would free up ample headroom for devs to write more complex software for them to happily sell to us. I'm a bit hesitant on the CPU front, as we just got he MPC keys which features the same chipset at the current lineup with just an additional 2GB of RAM.

Sorry for the essay, I took some pre-workout for fun. Anyhow exciting times are upon us.

Thoughts?
By elstebbano Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:15 am
I also saw that video. There is no FCC submission from Akai right now, so this could all be just bull#+=%.
Akai has submitted a FCC for a big Keyboard styled Force which has not been on the market since then, but I hope they don’t go that path..
I would hope for new mpcs in a boutique formfactor or a shrinked down Akai Force, though
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:45 am
That guy is continually posting up his vids across facebook, never content to just post the link once to each group, has to repeat daily, even multiple times daily.He's just manufacturing an excuse for another promotional video.

Anyway, there's always new MPCs coming, at some point, it's what Akai do, no inside information required, and anyone who does know about Akai's future plans will not be legally allowed to post up a video letting the whole world know about it.

Odds are it's a new MPC X with 4GB ram. Akai often release (or announce) new hardware around January NAMM.
By Certified Beatz Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:04 am
Although I know nothing about the guy posting.. to me he just seems like a long time MPC user who is just speculating for views.. doesn't hurt but really just rather him talk avout the history of electronics...
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:09 am
Certified Beatz wrote: to me he just seems like a long time MPC user who is just speculating for views.. doesn't hurt...

In isolation, yes, but when you have someone spamming the same link multiple times a day to the same group it does have an impact on the quality of the group. There's no need for it - post it once, be on your way, or stay and engage with the group, answer some questions etc.
By Monotremata Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:25 pm
I saw the guy post that on one of the MPC Facebook groups and his heading was something like 'October is over what's next Akai' making it sound like he was expecting some new super update RIGHT AFTER we just got 2.11.6, and he didn't have enough to keep him busy with the unit. Didn't bother watching the video after the impression his post left. Seems like a lot of folks bought them and instead of actually using them are just waiting for more crap to pile on to it so they can say they have the ULTIMATE MPC or something!! Still don't understand people with that kind of mindset..
By NearTao Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:08 pm
Can't stay relevant in a news/social media cycle if you cannot get viewers to come check out your content. Easiest way to get more views is to leverage somebody else's work...

I guess insinuating something new is coming or that you have insider information gets views
By kday Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:14 pm
elstebbano wrote:I also saw that video. There is no FCC submission from Akai right now, so this could all be just bull#+=%.
Akai has submitted a FCC for a big Keyboard styled Force which has not been on the market since then, but I hope they don’t go that path..
I would hope for new mpcs in a boutique formfactor or a shrinked down Akai Force, though

That's incorrect. There is a new MPC coming out soon, and they already posted the FCC submission for the new MPC XL earlier in the year. So we expect the new MPC XL to be here sometime in the future, could be soon maybe before Xmas or maybe before NAMM 2023 or a little later .

And the new Akai Force Keyboard will also be coming out, don't know the time frame but I'm 100% sure that will also be coming out within the Akai time line in the future. If we saw it totally completed on the drawing board, and the mock up possibly used for testing in O.S elements, then it's coming in the exact same way the Key 61 developed and tested right b4 our very eyes to total completion and release. IMO
By elstebbano Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:38 pm
kday wrote:
That's incorrect. There is a new MPC coming out soon, and they already posted the FCC submission for the new MPC XL earlier in the year. So we expect the new MPC XL to be here sometime in the future, could be soon maybe before Xmas or maybe before NAMM 2023 or a little later .

That’s awesome, didn’t know that..

Edit: I don’t find anything about that fcc, could you send me the link or something?
By Lampdog Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:05 pm
We all could have guessed it's gonna happen. It's not a surprise.
By J.O.BEATS Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:21 am
kday wrote:
elstebbano wrote:I also saw that video. There is no FCC submission from Akai right now, so this could all be just bull#+=%.

And the new Akai Force Keyboard will also be coming out, don't know the time frame but I'm 100% sure that will also be coming out within the Akai time line in the future. If we saw it totally completed on the drawing board, and the mock up possibly used for testing in O.S elements, then it's coming in the exact same way the Key 61 developed and tested right b4 our very eyes to total completion and release. IMO

Pretty sure the mpc key was the force key and they just changed the name.
By 40Beatz Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:48 pm
I think they should Drop a MPC XL, with all New Firmware, separate from the Current Line of MPCs. New Hardware Architecture inside to handle heavy RAM applications, Full VST Support, etc. Make it possible to Load the Current MPC Files, BUT NOT backwards Compatible with the Current Line. Maybe offer a Mode where some users can Disable the Touchscreen, use just the Buttons with HDMI Support.

Time To Birth The NEXT Generation of MPC's

Just My .02
By BeatWilson Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:36 pm
I hope for Visual EQ, Spectrum Analyzer, MultiBandCompressor and such should be added to the new model.
I honestly would like an MPCX with HDMI Out, All in able to run at once(All 6) More ram. A Classic mode for the screen. A Dial to dim the screen. More Midi In's to Match the Amount of Midi Out's and an actual 12 bit mode. If they took away some knobs and added a slider i wouldnt be mad, but I do not want no touch sliders and I feel like thats what they are probably going to do if they do. I like the MPC2500 Layout with the sliders but with 8 Knobs on the left or right to add to it. Just feels weird without a slider. If the new mpc looks like I'm trying to launch off to space, then I probably will not buy it. haha